All the things with time sinks!

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Jrox, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Aggy Active Member

I just had a thought.....Imagine come June/July when we have about 12-14 camps to monitor! Omg, it's going to be crazy :(
    Kattt and SolarFaire like this.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

Looking at the patch that came out recently with the changes to raid gear and the amount of gear dropping, I think this may have gotten thrown to the bottom of the pile. Unfortunately it is still a huge hindrance. Getting adornments and masks is still a very huge mountain. I keep seeing if there are ways to even squeeze out one or two more masks each week but I am pretty stuck at about 5-8 per week.

This is me running H1's 3-4 times a week and H2's once or twice as time allows between raiding. So say 7 becomes the avg. That's 28 per month right, to get 150 it's going to take over 21 weeks. This is crazy talk!! Please do something.
    Kattt, Aggy, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am seeing lots of new threads pop up about individual parts of everything I listed here and still nothing back from the team. Please give this a look and make some changes. At the very least take a couple minutes and respond, even if it's to say, NOPE were not changing this for whatever reason... It is super frustrating. There just simply is not enough time to do it all.

Something I should add is the Trade skill Daily as another time sink for the Mount Tack Gear!!
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect any official response or much change in current content. I would just hope that they're paying attention and won't repeat all these mistakes in any future content given the huge amount of discontent currently being expressed.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

I mean if you agree, leaving a like for the OP would be helpful. Not leaving a like on the OP basically tells the team you don't care either way, which is fine if that's how you feel. But if you do agree please don't forget to like the OP.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  6. Lightt Member

By a wide margin- my biggest "time sink" complaint is the chrono-coin missions vs. rewards. some of these runes are "required" to make a character viable and the rewards for doing these missions was basically shut down to almost nothing. It feels almost like a full time job just to grind the chrono coins I need, and after the nerf to the zones and rewards, nobody wants to do them anymore.
    Manafizzle, SolarFaire and Jiimbo like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

time sinks in crafting, yup.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, that's a mechanism that was put in place to prioritise bugs on the Bug Report forum. In order for it to be effective for the QA folks they would have had to write a report that sorts based on the count of the number of likes on that first thread post. I don't recall seeing any info to suggest that it had been implemented on any other board?
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Brailyn Member

It does seem like a checking off boxes sort of thing this expansion. I love the content! Having fun, but getting burnt out trying to get fragments of time, on top of doing the normal xpac stuff. Rather pay zimaran coins for the adornments...Oh ya, now masks... o_O
  10. Jrox Well-Known Member

They have mentioned this in the EQ2 Discord. Likes will help Devs to know which feedback should be moved to the front of the line. It's only month 3, but thanks for your feedback... ;)
  11. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

18,496 Chrono Frags to get all 17 mount items to max tier (Zarkir)
    22,072 Chrono frags to get all purple adorns to max tier.
    665 Chrono frags to get max tier for EACH adorn when eventually will be able to slot in 35ish purple adorns Minus the immunity adorns which only cost 264 x3.

So a total of 40,568 Chron frags when we get what 16 to 48ish depending if weekly or daily and if commander or not.
    How are we expected to acquire this many frags during the entirety of this expansion?

I guess 67 crates for $2,700 isnt a bad deal to max out your adorns and mount items isnt too bad lol.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

Wow, did it all get nerffed? I think masks are next to go on the market place. I ran the H2's this week twice, H1's twice, lots of raid mobs killed. Outside of the Avatars I got Z-E-R-O MASKS... Amazing!

This needs to be addressed. And still nothing from the team regarding these issues outside of a new P2W crate...
    Arclite, CSP84, Scrappyz and 2 others like this.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Not exaggerating in the least but since this avatar quests went live, I have been doing the 3 hour rounds as much as a I can on a daily basis, with h1s/h2s nearly on a daily basis plus 3-4 nights of raids on 2 toons. To date, I have gotten 18 mask coins. That's it. Within my guild, I have people who managed to get 40 when the first avatar went live. I suppose looking back, this was the intent all along with the heroic crate pay to win now.

Won't be surprise at all we get the masks added to market to "help" people catch up...

Woeful, moneygrubbing practices are on full display here with total disregard of player (customer) loyalty and the time they have sunk into underwhelming, under cooked and buggy (deliberate time gate or otherwise) content.

Sadly the recent lay-offs at DPG may have triggered this rapid shift to keep the game afloat with all means necessary and we happen to be caught up in it.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't see any reports of layoffs... Link?
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There were no layoffs at DPG.
  16. Jrox Well-Known Member

Whew...
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Ephemeral Emanation and GrunEQ like this.
  19. Jamzez Active Member

Satvat said the cuts had impacted the teams for Everquest, Dungeons & Dragons Online, DC Universe Online, and Lord of the Rings Online.
    Arclite likes this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

EQ is good, everyone is still here.