All Raid Weapons Need Extra White Slot to be a Decent Upgrade to T2 Steward Stuff

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Regolas, May 16, 2013.

1. Balbasur Active Member

Stop with the best gear must always come from raids. The best gear should come from the most challenging content which isn't raid.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

But... There still is incentives.... You have rare essence gear for jewellery that's almost the same as EMx4 stuff, you have ethreals, you have extra spirits for red adorns/alt gear, and you have xp for green adorns.

Plenty of raiders, myself included now after years of heroic grouping only, group.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

What's the most challenging content? AS DC for an ethereal ?

You obviously have not tried raiding and certainly not been involved in any progression raiding.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

They don't need to group to get the T2 gear, obols and spirits drop in raid zones too.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

That too.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

Raiders can get the T2 stuff incredibly easy since raids drop spirits, so it is kind of whatever the weapons are sideways at this point. It's more just annoying that it is still locked behind a long solo quest line. Makes what could have been a reasonably quick gearing up a new player in your average guild slower, which is funny because when they removed crit mit it was because they wanted to make it so you didn't have to back track to gear new players up so much.
  7. Larsenex Member

I had TWO 95 Pig stickers, one from AoA and the other from Sleepers, 1 white, 1 red. I dumped one of them for the 'upgraded' Drinal dagger as I can get a 'better' yellow adorn AND 2.5% CB.

Really the Raid gear should have another white on it to make them 'more' desirable than the token purchased gear.

+ 2 cents.
    Taysa and Wirewhisker like this.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Hear hear.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Grimtouch New Member

You're looking at it the wrong way, either remove the yellow from drinal or remove a white, don't add a white to the raid gear. That or fix the yellows because there are yellow adorns which are BETTER than red. 13 potency and 12.5 weapon skills proc > static 12 potency or 12.5 from red adorn. Same proc chance and length.

Anyhow as for what balbasaur said how does this encourage raiders to group with people in heroics? Raiders already have enough spirits and obols to gear out one of every class and still have stuff left over. As it is now though it's slightly out of whack because now you can do the EM raids (which you should've with the old gear) but get almost 0 upgrades out of them.

It's more for the people who don't wanna raid, but want raid gear.....as long as it stays at a faction2 level tho... I guess it's just a non-issue to me.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to make some raider group if they don't want to. You can and have always been able to get gear for every slot from raids. Getting some stuff from heroics is and should be just an option, and that's what ethereal items are. Ethereals are a clear upgrade from EM raid loot. They're sometimes better than HM. Steward T2 weapons are IMHO better than EM raid weapons now and much easier to get. EM raid weapons are only on a par if you get an awesome red rune, and you sacrifice CB/Pot for it. This means you have about 3-5 HM raid mobs as the only things in the game that can provide an upgrade (HM weapons have 2 white slots) to distinguish raider power from people that only run DC heroic. It's not right.

You don't get spirits that quick from raids. Last boss only so 3 spirits every 3 days maximum (ST, HE, AoA).

I got 6 spirits yesterday grouping for 5 hours.

As you said, some yellow adorns are better, full stop. So adding an extra white slot to raid weapons so they have the same adornment slots as Drinal T2 stuff should be even less of a problem. Red runes have more unique effects such as deathsaves, trigger count improvements, etc, so they provide the incentive (HM ones have 2 white adorn slots)to upgrade from T2 drinal to X4 weapons but that should not sacrifice CB/Pot.
  11. Jacck Active Member

Balbasur is actually trolling these forums with the most unreasonable outlooks on any discussion he actually participates in. Also, is Matin on another "fan site".