All-Access $99 deal question.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Castles, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Castles Active Member

is this price only for new players? the wording implies this. i have 3 accounts and one was all access before the change, that i would like to upgrade to the $99 deal.
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I think you can change your billing at any time.. you would need to cancel your current subscription, or wait until it lapses and then can purchase the timeframe sub you wish. Might have to speak to a CS rep if you want an instant upgrade though, as I'm not positive on how it will work if you are in the middle of your current sub.
  3. Estal Well-Known Member

Nope, its not limited to new members, if you buy the 12 month deal it will simply charge your card $99 and give you 12 month sub time added on to whatever amount of sub time you have left.
    Cyliena and Luperza like this.
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Estal is correct. :D
  5. OMGr8573 New Member

What about us that paid around $120 for a full year of EQ2 within the last week or two? Do we get extra time, bonus Station Cash, etc?
  6. Castles Active Member

sounds like you need to call customer support. my guess is SOE will make it right.

i bought a $99 year deal from Trion/Rift and then they announced a few weeks later F2P!!! the sub was/is totally worthless on RIFT unless youre leveling many toons, but in my case i had all level 60s with max TS and gear!. Trion required subs at the time i bought the year deal and then turned around and dropped that requirement but would not give me the option to drop the year sub.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Was this before or after they announced that the price was going to drop to $99 (for a limited time)? if it was after, I'm not saying that they won't credit back the difference, but it might be less likely than would otherwise be the case. But I am pretty sure that they won't just pile bennies on top of those that are already part of the All Access plan.
  8. Silvr Member

Take advantage of the $99 deal, get 12 months added to my subscription, makes sense.

Question I have is what happens at the end of the 12 additional months? Will it revert to whatever plan we had before? Will we renew at $99, renew at the current year cost (before special) or drop membership requiring a resub?
  9. Silvr Member

10. Castles Active Member

good question, but i looks like the text at the bottom of the order says it will be the normal price next year.

well i have tried for hours and still cant upgrade any of my accounts to this deal. when i place the order it just times out and points me to a CS help link that implies i have problems on my end. i am been gold for all the accounts for months and bought SC on all of them (using the same credit card) within the last week or so.
  11. Silvr Member

I am most likely going to take advantage of this deal but will definitely wait a few more days until things get settled down across SoE before changing my account information.
    Feldon likes this.
  12. OMGr8573 New Member

Well contracted support about if people that bought a year plan of a game for $119.88 within the last week or two would get credited, refunded or extra Station Cash... got a reply just now... answer was nope, we don't get anything. They said...

"Unfortunately sales or promotions are not retro-active. Though you are automatically upgraded to the All Access. You can purchase the new plan as well. It will bill you immediately and add that time onto your current membership. If you have any further issues please let us know."

Had I known they were going to offer it cheaper I would've just waited.
    Ibethia likes this.
  13. Ibethia Member

I would have waited also.. was gonna wait when it 1st was going to take place earlier before this month.. as my subs for a year ran out on the 25th of last month... but them pushin it back... and back again I resubbed both accts at 119 a year..thats a lot a cash.. if I would had heard Anything about subscription rate reductions I would have waited. Little miffed about it.
  14. Louly Well-Known Member

Why would someone think that just because they paid before the Access deal they should get extra stuff? I'm a bit surprised that would even be asked.
  15. Kindle Heartforge Active Member

While I understand the sentiment, $20 difference is a tiny amount of money.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

How many times have you gone to a shop/supermarket/etc and bought something only for it to be on sale next time you're there?!
  17. Castles Active Member

this is as good as it gets for any MMO atm. grab it NOW i doubt it will be available again. i finally was able to upgrade my 3 accounts.
  18. DreadRoberts Active Member

Hi, Louly! Welcome to teh intarwebz! ;)
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

When that happens within thirty days of the time I bought the item (or within the return policy time) I get the difference back, every time.

That being said, on line games don't tend to have a return policy.