Alfsvarta's Eastern Retreat

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sigrdrifa, May 9, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Febrith's excellent video tours of oriental-themed homes made me go and look at them in person. Then I had so many ideas in my head, I went immediately and decided to completely reskin my dark elf's Neriak house (the blue-green is just too much, and clashes with her complexion). I wanted a dark but opulent feel, with lots of red, black and big splashes of gold.

Anyway, I started right after raid on Sunday, and I pretty much haven't slept since then because I was so obsessed :) This is the first reskin I've done. And did you know those spiral stairs have 38 dang steps?

Alfsvarta's Eastern Retreat
    1 Walk of the Dead (3 Room Inn), Neriak
    Maj'Dul Server

Welcome to my small home!
    [IMG]

Looking back towards the front door
    [IMG]

The dining room
    [IMG]

Office and Library
    [IMG]

Loft Bedroom
    [IMG]

The many, many, many steps. 38 rosewood railings, 74 rosewood stair planks. Not much to look at, but you wouldn't believe how long this took me!
    [IMG]

The kitchen. I think Alfsvarta's expecting a horde of visitors judging by the amount of food!
    [IMG]

The bath
    [IMG]

The images are all hosted on my dA page, if the pics have problems.
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh wow that all looks amazing. I love what you did with the yin and yang and the walls in that place - /dashes over to see it in person!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doesn't it look too groovy? :D

And I question your "first reskin," my dear; I've seen your work in other places that involve new walls! :)

But yeah, stairs are a PitA, aren't they? I see you didn't reskin the ceiling, but by then, the reds and blacks and other colors elsewhere helped mitigate all that blueness, and if you'd reskinned them with something just flat across, that might lose the expansiveness I think you wanted to retain? And reskinning at angles is another PitA... :-/

Uwk
    who only did it once recently, with like 4 tiles, and that was more than enough...
    Oldpoint and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

It really is groovy and fab - it's even better in person than in the pics. Particularly fine job on those painting walls and the stairs but the standout feature for me is the bath - it's gorgeous! I want(ia) one - genius /grin:)
    Oldpoint and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That wasn't a reskin, it was a mannequin-concealing device!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whatever, it worked wonderfully! :D

Uwk
  7. Ritual Active Member

It's very nice , i like the dark color choice very much , makes it more..........evil , lol .Good work , loved the tour.