Age of Discovery Closed Beta Registration is Now Open!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

they said in one of the recent Webcasts to watch your email and the website they are posting news Tomorrow (11/8/11)
  2. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

So does that mean that closed Beta hasn't started yet? Because the beta site (https://account.station.sony.com/au...!input.action) says that the beta period started 21 days ago and ends in 22 days.
    If that information is at all correct, then that means, as a Fan Faire 2011 attendee, I have missed out upon half of the closed beta period (and I agreed to the NDA on October 20th).
    If the information is incorrect, it needs to be updated to reflect the correct information.
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Necrotherian@Najena wrote:
    Nobody is in Beta except Friends and Family.
    Last Webcast said we might get in on Tuesday or Thursday of this week.
    Correct.
    Nobody's in Beta except Friends and Family. That's SOE employees, their family, and a very few others here and there.
    This will be the shortest Beta cycle ever for EQ2 and probably any MMO expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Maybe, instead of assuming that everyone knew about the podcast, they could put the information in this forum or maybe announce the relevant info on EQ2Players EverQuest2.com.
    It would probably reduce the amount of nerd rage. (I dunno, maybe I'm the only one that didn't know about the podcast and the only one that was, up to this point, nerd raging.)

(Edit Summary: Replaced the reference to EQ2Players with the correct name of the site to which I was referring.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Nothing to test since there's no content and half of the features probably won't be going live.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    FIFY
  7. ARCHIVED-Hoss Guest

Thats prolly where they announced it, and since EQ2Players doesn't work that the reason we didnt get the info.....
  8. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

Seesons@Unrest wrote:
    By EQ2Players, I am referring to http://everquest2.com/index.vm which works just fine. (Apparently http://eq2players.station.sony.com/index.vm redirects to that URL, and since it is listed in my internet faves as EQ2 Players, that is what I called it. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.)
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Well fortunately, there are websites that step in and provide this information. :) You can read a transcript of the Freeport Revamp (and a little about Age of Discovery) webcast at my website. And if life is too short to read an 8 page transcript, there's the "Five Things From the Webcast You Should Know about Freeport".

It is kinda funny when people rage about EQ2Players since the site hasn't existed for 18 months now. The site is called EverQuest2.com. As for Character/Item data being totally hosed, inaccurate, with duplicate characters and no Velious items populated, well that's a different (and tragic) story and one that should be ending very soon now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    After you mentioned the existence of it, I googled it, and found the write-up that you did. Last time I was on your site was Thursday afternoon. So, I guess I should check your site more than twice a week.
    I explained my reasons for referring to it as I did. Then I suggested, albeit in Latin, that it was my mistake. You even quote the part wherein both of those happened. I'm not sure about your motivation for pointing out something that I already admitted was a mistake on my part, as a response to somebody else that pointed it out.
    Therefore, to avoid any confusion, I fixed it in the part that you quoted in order to maintain the integrity of the point I was trying to make. If it isn't too late to edit it, I will fix it in the same manner in actual post.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Rotherian@Unrest_old wrote:
    Oh my bad. I missed Build Your Own Dungeon, player made content, that's already months late.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If I am not mistaken, which is possible, Design Your Own Dungeon was announced as a feature to be released in November. The housing rating system was supposed to have been already released, and it has.
    Since it is currently November, how is it months late?