after toying around i have this AA setup

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?102h1@...55@45@451@15@34
    this is lvl 82 zerk with about 139aa.
    For my solo tanking setup my goal here was to go for as much survivability that was all PASSIVE. this gives my a great amount of block, avoidance, and mit.
    solo buffed, not including temp buffs, i am sitting at 12khp with nearly 60% mit and 60% avoidance. with a 26%block chance.
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

What say the rest of you, good ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

IMO, considering what I did for my locked 32 'zerker with 102AA, there are a few things I would suggest trying...
    I would suggest at least maxing out your crit chance (Weapon Expertise), your Bind Wound (definately comes in handy if your in a busy agro zone) and at least maxing out, or putting a considerable amount of AA towards your melees - even if you have your masters for those already.
    If you can take a lot of damage, then definately consider portioning some of your AA towards the few AOEs that 'zerkers have.
    Not sure if you have a mount that compensates, either, but maybe a point or two towards speed would be a good idea.
  3. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

with armor and jewlery my crits and da are over 85% once i get the 84 jewlery both will be over 100% with the current aa selection, so i dont think i need more in those at this moment.

once i get some more aa my next action will be to go down the AoE berserker line.
    and i have the storm cloud mount so speed is at 65% unless in combat. plus a few stats and slow fall.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Didn't you post this on Flames too?
    Reminds me of the build I currently run for instance tanking. However a couple pointers.
    Don't tank in Defensive. Tank in Offensive. Ditch the AAs you have in Defensive Stance, move them elsewhere. You don't need them at all for instances. Level 90 Legendary gear is more than sufficient where you don't need to go defensive at all, and you don't need a shield very often either (as long as your healers don't suck).
    Ditch the AGI line as it's pretty useless. We have plenty of AoE abilities even prior to getting our Epic: Rampage, Open Wounds, Bloodbath, Berserker Onslaught, Insolence, Enrage, Stunning Roar, and once you get the AAs, Dragoon Spin and Jeering Onslaught (Jeering will become one of your most used CAs).
    You're missing the single most important AAs to a berserker: Relentless Assault (an absolute must have), Enhance: Berserk Rage, Enhance: War Cry, Enhance: Juggernaut, clicky Berserk, and entire Cyclones line. Those should be your number one priority before considering anything else.
    All the defense in the world means diddly if you aren't holding aggro.
    Remember to adorn your stuff. Ethereal Adornments of Endurance (Superior) for Wrists, Ears, Helmet, and Gloves goes a LONG way (about 1800 HP or so). Remember to spec in your character development for +Max HP and +Physical Mitigation.
  5. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

Xalmat,
    I did post this at flames as well, because of different views of the players that look at both places, or just at one or the other.

i am currently working an a new build with your reccomendations, but have a small request, would you be able to toss a beeteny together to see if i am headed in the right direction.

after looking at your advice this is what i have come up with for my self.
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?102614...@255@75@151@151
    my hp have dropped by about 1k but those adorns you mention will more than make up for that. i have also notice a small DPS boost as well with using slayers speed and seasoned vetran.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

My previous post has a Beetny link to my build.
    You're heading in the right direction now. I wouldn't put points into Offensive Prowess, and instead I'd put points into Swinging Strike, but that's my opinion. Your next steps should be (in no particular order)
    • Get Tactical Wisdom and Experienced Insight
    • Work on Bulking. These should be the next AAs you work on
    • Finish off Shadows Warrior so that you have the prerequisites for Shadows Berserker unlocked.
    • Once Shadows Berserker unlocks, get (in no particular order) Enhance Gibe, Hastened Reuse, Unstoppable Will, both endlines, and then whatever you want. These are by far your most important AA, so drop everything and go after these first once they unlock (170 AA and 10 spent in Shadows Warrior).
    • Finish off Berserker tree so that you unlock the Sentinel's Fate stuff, get what you want from Sentinel's Fate, and then get Battle Frenzy.
    IMO Battle Frenzy > Tactical Wisdom and Experienced Insight.
  7. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

ok, so after palying around with this setup, i definately have my hate gen and dps.
    how ever i have lost the ability to pull huge swaths of mobs solo. for example in fens i went to the giant sasquaches area, using my first posted aa setup i was able to gather about 20 of them on my at once and basically stand there un harmed.

this time i grabed 10 and i was at 50% health in about 20 seconds, how ever the mobs were falliing a bit faster than before. using the endurance adorns i was able to get my hp back to about 12.1k self buffed not including temp buffs.
    my mit and avoidance are also down from about 60% to 55% mit and 40% avoidance and block is at 13% from 26%

i think i might need to get an AA mirror to swap between the two, but so far i am liking survivability of the dps gain. maybe i am missing somthing with this and just need more advice about spells and temp buffs etc... also remember i am not 90, i am almost 83 and have 136 aa at my disposal only at the moment.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

HaCkHaCkER wrote:
    I don't understand how you lost HP. None of our AAs save Hearty Constitution boost our HP one bit.
    And you didn't mention you were soloing. You said tanking. Big difference there!
    In that case you might consider Enhance Blood Rage and Perseverance, then. Also work towards Ward of Rage in Berserker Sentinel's Fate, that ward proc is crazy when pulling huge amounts of light-hitting mobs (especially coupled with Enhance Berserk Rage and Enhance War Cry).
    An AA mirror is definitely recommended.
  9. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

Xalmat, i just saw your post, i defiantely agree that it was a move in the right direction, but i am a bit confused still. i realize my solo abilitiy will drop some using this setup, until i hit 90 and get some better gear and more aa.
    so, what might i be able to do to help improve my survivability while solo with this setup? hehe and grabbing les mobs is defiantely an option. i was able to grab 5 and stand there unharmed without a problem, and infact was even being healed from blood rage.
    so what do you think about me dropping the shadows tree for now to get battle frenzy? or do you think the shadows tree is more important?

thanks for helping me so much on this. as you can tell from my sig, my main is a 90 wiz so this is a whole new class for me.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Soloing is a completely different ballpark than Tanking. I still wouldn't recommend defensive stance because, for a berserker, it's all about killing the mob before it kills you, and the lower your melee hit rate the longer the mob will live. That said a shield is semi-beneficial (but I'd still rather an off hander for the extra DPS)
    Another adorn to consider is Ethereal Adornment of Defense for your Breastplate and Fingers, as that will help your passive defense.
    Here's what i was getting at for the Berserker tree.
  11. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

two 1.6 or 1.4? or a two hander at 6.0 delays? or a 4 with a board?
    i noticed you said offhander so i am thinking dual weilding here is the best option even over a two hander. but then comes the question of the delay to use. i also see there are two adorns for weapons, one is like a damage proc/imbue the other is a heal. do adorns proc off of the second weapon?
    if they do i would think 2 1.6 or 1.4 delay weapons with heals would be great for solo survivability.

you are right about the HP it was very minor and i placed a bit more emphasis on it than i meant to. the big emphasis for me was meant to be on the change in mit, avoid, block.

i have set my zerker tree as you listed and i really like the battle frenzy and wall of rage ward! that procs a lot.
    and i did get three of the +def adorns then i noticed i had to upgrade the rings to make them work, hehe. forgot to do that. it has also helped. also grabbed a couple +crit adorns for a few items, cloak and ranged.

so one more go at this, my current 136 is alocated as this.
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?101i1@...32411@115@35@11
    my next two will be going into unshakeable
    with my next 36 AA ill flesh out the warrior tree to this
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?102i1@...32411@115@35@11

then ill move onto the shadow tree to flesh it out to the final two.
    i imagine it will take me a short bit to readjust to the new setup.
    so with the aa road map fleshed out what about the weapons...
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

You want the following:
    • High spread 6 delay + Shield for Sword & Board
    • Epic + 3 second for dual wielding, until you get either of the following:
    • 4 second x2 for dual wielding, or
    • 6 second x2 for dual wielding
    There's a debate between 4 second and 6 second, but either way you don't want your weapons too fast. 3 seconds x2 is as fast as you want, and the only reason to get 3 seconds is to easily pair with the Epic weapon (however there are better weapons than the Epic these days).

You're on the right track, but I would start going down Shadows before going back to the Warrior tree. The AAs there are just much more useful than Warrior Sentinel's Fate stuff (especially Battle Hardening for a soloer).