Aether Wroughtlands: Native Mettle [Heroic III]- Coppernicus changes

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by volume, Feb 6, 2024.

1. volume Member

Hello, first I'd like to say this zone has been an awesome challenge so far, so thank you. My group has enjoyed the scripts on the first two bosses and aside from some minor annoyances they have not been that hard to execute. It takes us about 20 to 25 min to kill each boss, which seems to align historically with our experiences in previous challenge zones.

Everything changes when we got to the third boss Coppernicus, which my group has been stuck on for over two weeks now.

I'm requesting the below changes to make this fight a bit more reasonable and fun. The Coppernicus scripts take things to a whole other level and combined with the below issues this guy has been extremely hard to kill with low dps. Please consider the following:

- Interrupt on this boss should be non-resistible. There has been a number of times our tank tried to interrupt him but the spell was blocked/ resisted and caused the boss to heal completely on us ( 7 out of 32 casts blocked).

- Remove the repeated scripts when the boss heals past a health threshold. For example at 91% the boss will begin casting his "changing Theory" script. If you complete this successfully, but then someone dies the boss will heal past 91% and you will have to repeat the script.

- Increase the cast time of Coppernicu's absorb celestial materia spell by 1 or 2 more seconds. This would allow just a bit more time to react.

- Tanks should be immune to Helicoentric det. If they are outside of the circle tanking adds and they have to run in for a few seconds it completely stops dps on the boss, which is already low enough and drags out the fight even longer then it needs to be.

- Please consider reducing the number of times the boss does the "changing theory" script. Something like every 15 or 20% instead of every 10% would help.

Thank you.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Chrol Developer

Not much we can do in regards to making a spell effect, such as interrupts, unresistable, unfortunately.

However, with the next update, Coppernicus' Absorb Celestial Materia will have a casting time of 3 seconds instead of 2, and will heal and dispel hostiles every 2 seconds instead of every 1 second, as well as not heal or dispel on the initial application. So, it applies with all the other buffs, but won't start healing/dispeling hostiles until 2 seconds in. You'll essentially have 5 seconds to counter the heal/dispel portion of it with this change.

All the other suggestions I must deny, because I'm on Coppernicus' side!
    Randalph and Drona like this.
  3. Chrol Developer

I should also mention, there is a bug with the target locking with Celestial Disconnect on priests, where they could lose the target lock through another one of Coppernicus' abilities, but Celestial Disconnect remains on the priest. This will be fixed next update.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Will you post detailed patch notes in this week's update? We are also stuck for the same reason, low DPS with a balanced grp and no Burst DPS T1.
  5. volume Member

While I still think some further changes are necessary to make this fight more enjoyable, the interrupt change you made definitely helped and we finally killed him. So thank you.

Also, can you please double check Mezzy situation is working correctly ? Sometimes everyone in our group but the tank got the det. So we had no way to control the bosses movement and it caused us to wipe a few times.