advertise?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Applo, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Applo Guest

PLEASE tell me you guys are going to advertise this game!
    There's been seven years of basically NO advertising and it's clearly done major damage to the player base. EQ2 could have siphoned off a HUGE portion of WoW subscribers had you guys advertised after you had a product that was pretty good (way after launch, sadly). But seriously, these changes are exciting and there really is potential for EQ2 to finally get the positive attention it deserves.
    I mean, come on, at least advertise online.
  2. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

This topic again? Gotta love armchair marketers. SOE has stated on many occasions that their market research indicates that large-scale advertising for EQ2 would not be cost-effective. Since SOE is a company, and companies generally like making money, if they felt they could make more money off of EQ2 by advertising more, they'd certainly be doing so. You can make as many unsubstantial claims about lost potential revenue from lack of advertising as you want, but only SOE has access to their market research data, and I am much more inclined to believe the trained professionals with innumerable sources of customer feedback.
  3. ARCHIVED-Applo Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    I agree for the past 6 years that to be the case (massive failure in initial product release is the primary loss of a huge customer base and it would have taken loads of $$$ to counteract what was lost in that initial failure in conjunction with really bad timing w/ hard competition). But, then again, this is the first time EQ2 has made the top 10 list in any game category in the past 6 years. Last list I saw had eq2x as #3 free-to-play mmorpg. So now is the time for one big short-term advertising campaign for the eq2x/eq2live merger and f2p/expansion release in the next month. And, yeah, I'm confident research would back that up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

already said somewhere they are doing it so useless to ask for something already planned