Adventuring Path Advice for 100+ Please

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lyyle, May 22, 2020.

1. Lyyle Member

Help! I've been banging my head against this for a week now and I'm just going to ask for advice. I'm so confused!

I've been slowly playing along (solo Conj with a mercenary) just fine enjoying the content up to level 100 and Kunark Ascending, then I hit a wall. Suddenly I couldn't do a single even con arrow-down mob in less than 5 minutes! So, the Signature timelines just stalled out and I started failing to finish important milestones no matter how I tried.

I figured there was something I needed to do and it looked like it was just skip ahead to PoP. But now I find that the orange and some of the white adornments won't go in the slots... wasted a couple days tracking down the fact that despite the fact that you can still get them from the trunk and the Summer quests, they are no longer used in the game (WTF??!!) The error message doesn't tell you anything useful: "You do not have an item equipped or in your inventory which supports this adornment." The Wiki and so on are out of date, no info there.

So, here's my question: what should I be doing with my level 100 conj so I can at least have a fighting chance at leveling up and playing the game. Is there a path I should follow so that I can learn the new stuff in the game without spending hours online weeding through google? At this level it seems like there just isn't much information and lots of the wiki sites have extensive undefined sections.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is certainly appreciated!
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

First of all, do all the Panda quests. The orange adornments don't work in BoL, but you aren't there yet.

Second, the only reasonable way to level 100-110 is doing quests in Plane of Magic.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

1. If you haven't gotten the gear in the chest at the start of PoP do so. With that gear ToT and Kunark should be easy.
    2. If you haven't done the summer quests - the so-called Panda quests - they aren't at all hard and you can knock off all three years fairly fast. They give some upgrades to gear, some large boosts to ascension skills which are very important, 2 houses, a mercenary, a familiar, two boosts to familiar level and more.
    3. Starting at 100 damage mercenaries aren't very good. You should have a healing mercenary - you will be churning out the damage now.
    4. In what I consider a terrible design decision they made Thalumbra and KA give essentially no experience. If you want to level-up you need to go to PoP at 100. No choice at all.
    5. If you have gear with white or orange slots put it in your inventory and then try to use the adornments. The adornments often don't recognize equipped gear at this level.
    Some of this you know but there are others that might be in a similar position so I tried to be more comprehensive.

Note that in PoP helping one faction reduces reputation with others so you may want to just do one of the three factions until you get far enough that you can finish the signature line. After that just have fun you don't need anything from any faction.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Lyyle Member

I did all the panda quests as they came along and went back again to the gear and adornments. All of them (both orange and white) fail at Use, I get the message above. I tried a different white adornment on the same armor and it popped up the select box just fine. I’ll try putting them back in inventory.

I have been using the Fury Perrin Wanderhoof and like him a lot. He always seemed to out-tank my Earthen Avatar so I switched to the Fiery Magician or Aery Hunter depending on the situation to up my dps.

Does it make any difference which faction you start with? It’s a relief to know that I was basically doing the right things! I was feeling really discouraged that after 15 years I couldn’t play anymore.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Some of the Panda gear won't work until the right level. Just use the best gear you can for PoP, then check what you can equip again at 110.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Avithax Well-Known Member

If you're level 100 I highly recommend equipping the gear in the box next to the Sig line quest giver in Plane of Magic. There is a minimum amount of potency required to be effective in the expansion and this gear gets you very close to it.

There's also Resolve. Resolve is a stat that all mobs and players have that matches up their ability to damage each other. In plain english if the mob has 100 resolve and you have 50 resolve, you will only do half damage to that mob and it will do double damage to you.

The gear in the box next to the Plane of Magic Sig Line quest giver will set your resolve to very close to equal to solo zone mobs. Another stat is Fervor which increases your effectiveness however increasing it is a whole other endevour and not necessary unless you're raiding or doing heroics.

There is a myriad of stats that you can tweak and play with in reforging your gear and adding runes but as a solo adventurer they arent as important.

Get your potency up as high as possible, your pet will reflect your stats and you will see the difference. VERY Important though. As hard as you may have worked for the gear you're wearing, if you move into another expansion you should consider it to be junk and replace it asap. Think of it as bringing a wooden club to a gunfight, yes it will be effective but you don't stand a chance of surviving.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Lyyle Member

Happy dance! Placing the Fatesilk gear, etc into inventory worked to get the adornments installed! Yay! And I absolutely dumped my old gear.... unfortunately most of it can't be transmuted. Bummer.

Thanks so much! I'll be doing the PoP quests to level up, paying attention to Resolve, Fervor and Potency.