Advanced Vetrovian Jeweler's Volume

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Darkzero, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Number of spells? Well, because I haven't had a single advanced alchemist drop in those useless TS missions, that would be all of them. So for just 1 toon that would be (goes away and counts......) 32 spells :eek:. Having done exactly this mass upgrade for someone else in beta I appreciate its, well, a bit of a pain. But double-fuel cost isn't what I've been hearing -- as far as I can see its the lucky few profiteering at the expense of the considerably less lucky majority, while (and this is the part that enrages) cheerfully telling everyone else the drop rate for books isn't too bad. One person over in the main thread actually claimed around 20% (!), thereby giving DBG a nice bit of cover to continue screwing the rest of us over. Well 20% for him doesn't average to 20% overall. But Denmum "liked" that post, and that's when I knew we were going to be left to stew.

Of course if I had the books I'd be making my own -- why else have I leveled a full set of tradeskillers? Now I find I've basically wasted my time doing that as well. To say I'm beyond disgusted would be a serious understatement. Its been a month now, and nothing.

So I will gather my courage and ask in the crafting channel; I look forward to being surprised.
  2. Daelini Active Member

I can tell you, on HoF, someone was advertising making Expert spells for 500k. A lot of them on broker are sitting at 1m+ - nothing I am willing to pay to the scalpers.

We would not have this issue if it weren't for a serious screw-up by Gninja and Kander back during the debacle of the Epic 2,0. They forced those of us that did not craft to suddenly become a crafter for no reason other than it slowed people down in getting their epic 2.0. Now they complain that if they gave us stuff to fast then we wouldn't continue to do their stuff.

I have a suggestion for the development team, Denmum included, stop with the weak, short timelines. Think back to stuff like Claymore, Peacock Club, TSO sig line, et cetera. If you don't want people finishing the xpac in a week - then get creative and build something engaging that takes more time than an hour.
  3. chattie Well-Known Member

Due to a shortage of employees some people are doing tasks the shud not be doing. Evidently men aren't equipped to do crafting quest lines lol... When crafting was dropped in their laps instead of doing a bit of investigating and asking a few questions they turned crafting into of drudge of an experience and NO amount of complaining changed a thing...they stood their ground..running players off rather than compromise. Advanced crafting books were always available once the crafting quest line was completed. Had they done a bit of checking they would have arrived at this realization. Only those in large guilds or raiders who can afford millions to buy books will have them. they in turn make spells or gear and place in on the market for millions. So the privileged will have books and spells or gear on the market. Is that really how this game is heading..catering to some while others are left wanting? Really? I finish a questline and then depending on my RNG I may, but more like will not, get a book which is why i finished the questline in the first place.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Let me say that a 500,000p tip for crafting ~20 spells isn't outlandish. Unless you have a progress potion on hand, that does take a chunk of time, even as a high level crafter with All The Good Crafting Gear. Now, it it's 500K per spell, that would be unreasonable.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Don't Blame Denmum
    For Visions of Vetrovia, we finally got someone in to do do tradeskills who actually understands EQ2 crafting, Niami Denmum. But she is not autonomous. There is a project director and upper management in the mix, and Someone above her decided that releasing tradeskill books "too soon" would somehow accelerate adventure progress.

(2) A Discussion of Why Throttling Tradeskill Books Isn't Slowing Adventure Progress
    By December 3, when I finished the adventure sig line, I mostly had gear that was as nearly as good as Mastercrafted, though it didn't have quite as much Potency as Mastercrafted that's been experimented to Visionary.

I focused on getting 13 toons through the tradeskill line/dailies/weeklies trying to get more Advanced Vetrovian recipe books. To date, by dint of trading some duplicate books for ones I needed, and buying some books that were grossly overpriced but not so high I couldn't manage with a Krono or three, I still am missing one Sage book, one Jeweler book, three Alchemist books, one Carpenter book, one Woodworker book, four Tailor books, and all the Provisioner books. My Armorer and Weaponsmith have all their books.

So, I was able to start my second toon, a Ranger, through the VoV adventure sig line with most of her new Expert spells, a set of Visionary Mastercrafted chain armor, and a few pieces of Visionary Mastercrafted jewelry in her bags for use as she leveled, plus some odds and ends from my first toon in the shared bank.

It took me about 3 days to get through the sig line on this second toon, i.e., the same dang amount of time it took my first toon. OBVIOUSLY lacking the Mastercrafted recipes on the first toon DID NOT SLOW HER DOWN AN IOTA!

Given a group of friends willing to "carry" a kind of weak toon, one run through a series of Heroic I instances for the weekly gets you geared up enough to be halfway useful on your own the next time, then any extra loot you get from Heroics can be passed to alts.

I have a feeling that the "plan" was to make us run Sister Ghouldinda's crypts for weeks and weeks trying to get the elusive better gear to get ready for heroics. Not happening! I mean, I am running her quests on my main, Just In Case I manage to get the really excruciatingly rare better key than the emerald one. And at this point, I can purchase gear from people auctioning loot rights, pass down gear from my first toon who is running heroics, etc.

(3) Free the Advanced Vetrovian Tradeskill Recipe Books!
    The attempt to slow us down has failed. Can we please now have the loot tables on the Daily and Weekly tradeskill quests updated to allow the recipe books to be more available?
  6. Doobius40504 Active Member

Amen

7. Daelini Active Member

I am pretty sure it was PER SPELL, not for a block of spells. Roughly 3 people have the market cornered for experts on HoF and they are charging a million+ per spell on the broker.

It is absurd, yet Denmum and the rest appear to be sticking by their "we want you to take longer - go slower - because we have no imagination to build long, expansive craft / sig lines, so we artificially hold you back" stance that was posted in another thread.

I did not want to be a crafter - Gninja saw to it that I would have to be a crafter if I wanted to raid (Epic 2.0 required you to be a max level crafter). Now that nearly the entire server are crafters, they can see their folly (I doubt it, some tend to wear blinders) on forcing people to be a max crafter and how it affects the game as a whole.
    chattie likes this.
  8. Dogwood Member

If they have completed the TS sigline they will have the blueprint option. Once a item is crafted normally you can instantly make it again. So 20 spells would be instantaneous to make
  9. Darkzero Member

500,000 pp all assassin spells? I'm on thurgardine!
    otherwise I finished all signature craft and adventure quests
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, it doesn't work that way. It's 0 DIFFERENT spells, not 20 of the same spell.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

I think the point is that they probably already did the combine previously. I haven't played around with theblueprint system so honestly don't know. Do you have to recomplete a combine in the same crafting session, or jsut have completed it once ever to use it?
    Dogwood likes this.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have used the function on armor items and made them at different times. It works each time I use it. So make it once and unless it is called for in a quest where it must be done the long way, the blueprint works great.
    Dogwood and Melkior like this.
  13. Dogwood Member

Actually it does work that way. Most crafters who have done the ts sigline and have their adv books will craft the adv spells and throw them on the broker. So they have already crafted them so now with the Blueprint option it is instantaneous. I know this because i do it.
  14. Dogwood Member

Exactly
  15. Cisteros Active Member

Hi there

I'm the person who claimed 20%. At the time with small sample size that was totally accurate and I stand by it. You will be happy to know for my hubris that Bristlebane cursed me with with 9 days of chess pieces, grass and rocks so I personally am no longer at 20%. After Christmas it finally loosened up a little and I got books to start dropping again.

Chronologically it has been a month, but subtract 2 weeks from that for Holiday break (Which happens every year and should not surprise anyone. Release timing to not have that break come so close to launch can be debated elsewhere). But data will have been collected during those 2 weeks and after a month the sample size should be large enough to see if there is a problem (In Developer's eyes) and adjust rates accordingly.

I wish you well
  16. Cisteros Active Member

It is complete the combine once and you can use the blueprint system after that. It even works for mass crafting, Off the top of my head I forget if it was check blueprint first and then select craft quantity or the other way around, but it was one of those 2 options
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They must have an abundance of the rare roots to do that. AND those do not sell quite as nicely as you think. They can make more with less work if they just put the rare root on the market.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  18. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

500,000 plat isn't a "tip". But thankyou for finally coming clean on what you consider "reasonable".

I wonder what happened to double-fuel....
  19. Melkior Well-Known Member

It really depends. Some people have lots of plat and are fine spending that much. I have made them for just material cost before, and I've gotten 10k or 100k+ tips. I never set a price personally, if I have the time, I am happy to do so. If I'm busy, and the person wants to send me the mats, I'll make them at my leisure and mail them back. Some people are uncomfortable doing that if they don't know me personally though (and that's completely understandable). I've also never blacklsited someone for not tipping. But everyone is different.