Advanced Macros | Alias Command

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Balambao, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Balambao New Member

Hopefully these help a few people
    Blazen, Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Nice work! I use https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...acros-and-act-from-the-soe-live-panel.550671/ as a reference for creating both aliases and macros.

I have added aliases for each of my toons to eq2.ini so I can camp between toons by just typing in their names, i.e. alias Rosy:camp Rosyposy = /rosy. My toon names are all unique, so I can switch between servers just using the name. If you use the same name on multiple servers, you'd want to add the server: halls_of_fate.Rosyposy. You cannot switch toons between accounts, though.

In my testing of macros, however, rather than casting line by line from top to bottom, they cast the first line, then the last, then the next available line, either the first again or the second, then the last if it's up, and so on. You can have as many as 25 line items in a macro, but I usually have not more than five or six, and frequently only three or four due to this peculiarity.
    Shmogre likes this.