Adornment disappeared when I unattuned an item

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Primitive, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Primitive Member

Today I unattuned an ear which contained Desecration red adornment. It simply disappeared. This particular adornment is tagged prestige no-trade, not sure if that contributed to the problem. I probably should have removed the adornments before I unattuned the item, but still it should not have disappeared.

Would be good if you could not unattune items with adorns present.

Link EQ2U - Item Details - Desecration (eq2wire.com)
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

It's lore - you can have it only once .. so you allready have it in the bank :)
    Scalo likes this.
  3. Primitive Member

No unfortunately not Bee, I searched my inventory
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You should try opening a Support Ticket. If you are polite, sometimes the CSRs will restore an accidentally lost item.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

This is likely a problem with unattuning - I don't think I've ever tried with a no trade adorn, but presumably because the adorn is no trade, it would *ideally* pop off with the unattuner being used, but instead it may force destroy it since it has to remove anything that causes the no trade flag.

I don't know if I have any no trade adorns handy to test this with.. Let me poke around my alt. Maybe I do since the new belt runes are no trade.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

So, I tested this - When you use the unattuner, it specifically tells you in the pop up that it will destroy any no-trade adornments in the item. You agreed to it when you clicked okay - I did the same thing on my first item and clicked it *as* I read it so I had to pop a second and get the screenshot. lol
    See:
    https://imgur.com/d5zu5hS

[IMG][IMG]
    Twyla and Beee like this.
  7. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

OT -- where do I get a Gnom-o-matic equipment unattuner?

<edit> nvm -- looked it up -- nine years!!! *weep* :(
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Thats T

That is Taled for you. 99% of the time Taled is right 100% of the time.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can also purchase equipment unattuners in the Marketplace.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I know. I don't like the price :D.

(Was hoping the Gnom-o-matic was something I could make.)
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you still happen to have Goblin Games Gold, I *think* you can buy them with that. The unattuners were the only reason I did the Goblin Games stuff.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Goblin Games? Would that be these: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Gigglegibber_Goblin_Games that the wiki says are "being phased out"? Because I never heard of them til now, so I think I missed my chance :(
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah, they were removed a while ago, unfortunately.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The games were phased out, but if you still have the currency you can still spend it.
    Twyla likes this.