Adornment Choices

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-tarb, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-tarb Guest

Hi i need some help with Adornments as a 90 zerker who mainly does group instances as main tank or offtank dps, i have been told lots of different things from strength to crit bonus, bottom line what stat do most zerkers get for adornments?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

First of all, don't bother with strength adornments; your gear and buffs should easily put you over the soft cap, so you'll get more bang for you buck elsewhere. Initially, I'd focus on critical chance, multi-attack and endurance (health) adornments. First priority is getting your crit chance and multi-attack >100%, then focus on potency, crit bonus and so on.
    Edit: Here's a specific list of the white adorns I have on my zerk alt:
    Head: health
    Shoulders: haste
    Chest: parry
    Forearms: multi-attack
    Hands: health
    Legs: multi-attack
    Feet: weaponry
    Cloak: multi-attack
    Ears: health
    Neck: avoidance (3% riposte)
    Rings: parry
    Wrist: health
    Waist: haste
    Weapons: potency
    Ranged: multi-attack
    I don't have any crit chance adorns because I don't need them with the gear I have. Note also that when the change goes in next xpac which will have multi-attack >100% be meaningful, it'll become even more important in terms of your DPS.
    I'd also point out that I'm not intending that this should be some cookie-cutter template for zerkers. The right adornments for your particular gear depends on what you have. I just listed this to give you a general idea; it works out pretty well for my toon, YMMV.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lesa13 Guest

crit bonus over potency imo
  4. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    The general answer as to whether to adorn for crit bonus or potency is "it depends", based on what your crit chance and your ability mod is. One rule of thumb is to try and keep them roughly equal, so you would adorn for what you're lacking in the most.
  5. ARCHIVED-tarb Guest

Thanks for the great info all :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Crit Bonus over Potency for this reason:
    Crit Bonus affects everything you do except for your self heals: Auto-attack, combat arts, taunts.
    Potency does not affect affect your auto-attack at all, and only affects your combat arts, taunts, and self heal.
    So you can either affect 100% of your offensive output, or you can affect 50% of your offensive output.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    QFE
    I'm running crit bonus on both DW weapons and my bow