Adept III Priorities

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Sevatear, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sevatear Guest

I've read the FAQ post concerning which Adept III's to upgrade, however, my question is the order in which they should be upgraded. I have Devestation and Grisly Contract already, but I am unsure in what I should upgrade next from the list of:

- Bony Grasp
    - Chaotic Maelestrom
    - Torment of Shadows
    - Nil Absolution

Thanks.

Sevatear
  2. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

id go with either nil absolution or chaotic maelstrom
  3. ARCHIVED-Latnam Guest

-Chaotic Maelstrom
    -Nil Absolution
    -Dark Nebula

As for Torment of Shadows and Bony Grasp, I have no comment on those as to upgrade usefulness. The spells amongst the other 2 you already upgraded is the path I am following. Yet if I recall correctly from the warlock channel Torment of Shadows upgrade is not worth the ruby/rhodium for it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sevatear Guest

Thanks for the replies!
  5. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Nil Abs - its your secondary AE attack after Devastration
    CM not worth upgrading difference between Adept 1 and Master 1 mildly say minor
    ToS well if you have surplus of rubies go for it
    BG same
  6. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

There's no need to upgrade a root spell to adept3...just stick with the others and make some imbued ruby rings if you have that much cash floating around.
  7. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

i disagree with you on not upgrading a root to adept 3....to me it seems it makes it less resistant but thats from my experience though.
    Message Edited by maddawg138 on 06-23-2005 04:48 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

Upgrading Dark Nebula is probably a bad idea unless you're raiding a lot.

Chaotic Maelstrom from Adept 1 to Adept 3 was like most other damage spells ~10% damage upgrade.
  9. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I'm 49 and I've these made into adept3:

- Nil Distortion (obviously)
    - Chaotic Maelstrom
    - Nil Absolution
    - Grisly Contract
    - Devastation

If I find some rares again, I'll prolly go for:
    - Wicked Gift
    - Torment of Shadows
    - Dark Nebula

Btw, I have some rubies left, but I'm not sure if I should use them for Adept3 spells or to get some pristine imbued ruby rings with +INT and +AGI.
    (I currently have 1 pristine imbued bloodstone ring, dunno if the difference between bloodstone and ruby rings is worth it either.)
    Are there better rings out there? (without being from impossibly rare drops)
    What would you guys do? Two extra Adept3's? or the imbued rings?
  10. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

I'm sorry was my post in this thread incorrect?
  11. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

Question:

My Alt Warlock is near level 24... I was able to mine a Tier 2 Rare last night... My question is.. Am I wasting my rare by upgrading Dark Distortion to adept 3?

Side note: I play a Guardian normally, so I am on the opposite side of the DPS spectrum. But [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] ftw... 3 shotting Yellow giants (one ho round) in TS is um Fun! spanking orange giants in two HO round's is just such a refreshing pace from playing a guardian where it takes 15 mins to kill anything.

Then in groups its just amazing how much faster the mobs die... Truly a great class, Im having a 'blast' no pun intended.

Cheers and thanks for your opinions on my upgrade choice for 20 to 29th level spells.
  12. ARCHIVED-anshar Guest

DD is a tier 3...requires Palladium or Jasper, I believe. But if you have one of those, it is a valuable upgrade. If you solo, it gets you to 30 and BSS all the faster. If you group alot, but not with other warlocks...same thing. If you group with other warlocks, it gets you to 30 and BSS, and allows you to not have spell conflicts with another warlock who has BSS.
  13. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

That's an entirely different perspective I hadn't though of (class Spell stacking great point thanks for the info) I think I will go Ice spike then DD. for now.

Cheers~

Phinny Itgoboom
  14. ARCHIVED-xabaras77 Guest

Dont upgrade Wicked Gift to Adept3!!!!!!!!!

It will only give you a 9 power more, i made this mistake since i couldnt find any info about adept3.
  15. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

if you get a ring dont get an agi one...its worthless for us as it is....get a stamina ring so you can hang in there a little longer if you do end up taking aggro
  16. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Yep btw imbued ruby ring + stamina spark on it will add to you over 100hp