Additional info for login errors and zoning problems

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Stormdove, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Stormdove New Member

For those of you who have tried Feldon's fix of downloading the 2 files from eq2wire--double check that the files did extract properly and in the right place. I had to do it twice, each time I did NOT get a message about replacing existing files and checking the dates on the files showed the extract did not take the first time. Check the dates of the files in your directory, if its not the date you extracted them --do it again and make sure the date is current after extracting.
    Feldon's fix worked for both my computer and my husband's for logging in. I have no problem playing the game but he is freezing up on zoning, unable to loot, and getting booted to desktop while playing. I checked and my game is the full downloaded version. He is using the streaming version. When he tried to switch to full download the launchpad froze up trying to download the files.
    There is obviously a connection issue happening.
    If a fix isn't in by Tuesday I'll be pulling files off my computer to put on his so he can play. Wish I could get the stupid home network to work properly so I could do it easily (stupid Windows)