Account banned for no reason

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PTess82, Feb 5, 2015.

1. PTess82 New Member

So the other day, I sold an SC card to someone and gave them the number and the trade successfully and the guy filed a support ticket saying that I tried to scam him and they banned my account with no proof whatsoever. Just a warning to anyone before doing an SC card trade in the game to take a screen recording. Then I proceeded to talk to customer support about it and they don't need a reason and have the right to ban anyone at anytime for any reason. Instead of trying to clear things up and get both sides of the story, they just ban me based on what one guy said w/out getting to the bottom of it. I had just purchased a Krono right before this happened and have enough plat, I don't need to scam anybody. Good thing I didn't purchase AoM, which I was going to do within the next few days. Beware.
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Abasinolanam Active Member

I can relate. A few years ago I got banned for playing from my Mac laptop using a Parallels virtual machine running Windows XP. It was an absolute hassle and it took a good week and many ticket replies and escalations to get unbanned, after which I was told to just don't use virtual machines anymore "because cheaters use virtual machines." While this claim is absurd there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

However, my recommendation is don't give up. Not only should you be unbanned, the person that filed against you should be investigated.
    Wirewhisker, floofloobunny and Lucus like this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Daybreak should have a record of what account the code for the SC card was credited to. If it was the complainants' account, and NOT yours (hope you didn't throw out the card) then that should help your case. If it has not been used yet, then they can always ask the complainant what code you provided.
    Lucus likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Also, the is literally no sanctioned action for selling SC. Daybreak does not have a SC to Plat or whatever form ratio to enforce "Scamming" claims. When you buy SC you are on your own if you're buying from a Player not from a Store or from Daybreak.

Do not stop. If what you said is true this is NOT a legitimate Ban. While you are not supposed to sell SC, or Marketplace items for Coin in game or for RWC (Real World Currency) such claims should be properly investigated not knee-jerk-banned. A few years back I remember someone getting a Scam Claim and back then, Support told them to "be careful when trading with other players" and to ensure that they are getting what they asked for before hitting accept.

When I bought SC. I told them "I'll pay you half up front. If the Number goes through I'll give you the rest." Most people accepted this as a means of showing good faith on both terms. Some... they got mad and accused me of trying to scam them by saying "If the number works you could just run off and not pay me" to which they are right... but usually I bought more than 1 Card meaning that why would I leave when you have more of the product I wish to buy? Even then, you only risk 50% of your profit to "make good" and ensure a second sale. It's basic economics to create a reliable business to ensure both Consumer and Provider get their share of the transaction that is agreed upon.
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

They really should put a system in place that allows you to redeem a SC card code as a voucher you can trade ingame (only through direct trade no broker).

after all if you are in possession of a retail SC card it's not daybreak's concern about possible fraudulent SC card purchase.
    They could use the same system they use for trading kronos.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Mate of mine got banned because he sold an SC card and the guy that bought it paid with "tainted plat", according to the powers that be.

Now how is my mate supposed to know that?

Of course, he asked that very question, and they continued to press that he was the bad guy, to where it ended up being a phone showdown between him and a supervisor somewhere up the chain. Whether it was his world-shattering charm or his implicit threat that if he didn't get satisfaction they'd be out of a few paid accounts, they graciously decided to show mercy on him -- still pretending like he was the bad guy but that they were going to "give him another chance".

Oh, how noble of you, ex-Sony. Is it that hard to say "oops, we goofed..."??

So my suggestion is, start working up the chain of command.
    Xillean and Feldon like this.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Or don't sell SC, only sell Krono. If you sell SC codes you do it knowing there is a 'risk'. They put a system in place to buy plat if you want, use it.
  8. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

1), you assume that this was during the Krono Age, ColdMetal, and;

2), you ignore the fact that what if this had been for in-game items that weren't SC? Could they not use the same "tainted plat" excuse?
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

You don't need to screenshot or record anything. The GM's can see logs and know the intent of both the buyer and seller. Redeem the code. If the code is no longer valid that means he redeemed it. Now his IP address is on file. Now they have evidence that he he is the scammer, not you.
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

1. If it was before Krono, it was ban 'worthy' all by itself.

2. yes, and they do.