Account Age no longer updating?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by SandsMans, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SandsMans Active Member

I think there was a thread about this but I can't find it.

Is the in game Account Age no longer being calculated for display in the character window? (Using DarqUI)

Mine hasn't updated in at least a few weeks now that I am paying attention to it.
  2. Ronjah Active Member

suddenly the account died of old age.
    and all the characters with it.
    please create a new account.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Yeah, that thread was probably around May, I'm pretty sure it was at the same time that the loyalty token daily objectives stopped having the fanfare and popup messages when they completed.

When I was checking it seemed to give me the proper number of days on average but it moved in fits and bounds, usually around the weekly update though sometimes it got hung up for a few weeks.

I'll try to find my numbers from back then and see if it's added the right number of days since then..
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

5. SandsMans Active Member

It finally updated last night and jumped ahead 22 days. That's some delay!
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Chocoholic Active Member

Hmm interesting ... this occurrence doesn't seem to be sync'd for all accounts.

Around the beginning of August (5th or 6th I think) I decided to see how long I have had my account - account age displayed 2552 in bright green font. So I just checked my figures today against the account age on my main character on Live (HoF/from EF), and it's still sitting at the same number (2552 in bright green).

I looked at the number on my FG characters and the number is different - 2192 displayed in regular white font. So then I looked at my SH characters and they match the HoF number - bright green 2552.

All of the above are on one account, I don't play multiple accounts. Not sure how this account age is calculated in the system, or why one account shows different numbers, but thought I would throw this out there. I'm going to keep checking now to see if I ever get any older LOL
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It is still an issue that needs to be looked at and fixed.
  8. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I finally found my notes from May, it took a while since they were in another city :)

On the 9th of May all of my accounts updated their ages, jumping up to 13 days.
    If I'm counting correctly that was 110 days ago and today all my accounts are 110 days older than then.
    I haven't been checking between May and now so I don't know if it's been fixed or if I just happened to check on the day all the accounts updated but it does seem like it all comes out correctly eventually.
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I expect it has to do with FG not having any expansions yet.
    I can't remember where I've seen it but somewhere it shows you how your account age is calculated, there's a base age which probably is the actual age and then some of the first expansions added extra time to the age, I think 3 months per expansion for 4 expansions which adds up to 1 year which is the difference between your 2 numbers, well almost anyway, it's actually 3 X 30 X 4 = 360 days.
    And since they are old expansions everybody gets them whether they bought them or not, except on FG as yet.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  10. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

OK, definitely not fixed, none of my accounts aged this update, all still where they were on Sunday.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Between 8/25 and 8/30 I observed the following:
    Account 1 - No change - shows 4968 days - actual creation date 12/31/2004 - should be 4987
    Account 2 - Added 13 days - shows 3737 days - actual creation date 5/24/2008 - should be 3739
    Account 3 - Added 11 days - shows 2919 days - actual creation 8/30/2009 - should be 3282
    There is no consistency and no accuracy. This needs to be fixed.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

@Lateana:

I'm guessing that account 3 was checked on Fallen Gate?
    In that case add 360 days for the expansion bonuses that FG doesn't have yet which gives 3279 days.

It wouldn't be so bad if it stayed within a week of the correct date but 2 or 3 weeks, like your account 1, is annoying.
    (And if #3 isn't on FG then it's cause for worry.)
    Still, there have been jumps of at least 3 weeks reported before so I see no reason to worry about falling behind permanently.
    It would be nice to know if this number gets used for the Veteran Rewards or if they pop up on time.

BTW, where do you find the creation date?
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Arilynvia New Member

Sadly account number 3 was checked on Skyfire, the same as the other two. Fallen Gate is weird, but since it doesn't allow the use of Veteran's Points or Claim items it doesn't matter yet.

I don't know where you find it anymore. I used the old 'secret' link years ago. The link doesn't work now though and the in-game command gives really odd info now.

Old Link
    In-game: /show_account_features

BTW: This is Lateana posting from another account
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've gone by the creation date of my oldest toon as account creation date - that info is available on EQ2U.
    Hexalobular likes this.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Yep, unless you transferred your toons to The Bazaar or Shadowhaven or Vox. Back then they reset your toon's birthday to the day of transfer :(

As you can see in my signature, Lateana shows a birthdate in August of 2005 when she was actually born in December of 2004
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I don't think my creation date is correct. I think they have the right day, but not the year. I swear I started in 2008, and it says 2011.
  17. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Here's hoping for an update today, I figure I should have gotten the 7 year loyalty rewards last Thursday but I've been stuck on 2545 days for the last 13 days.
    Shmogre likes this.
  18. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

My account age didn't update Tuesday but checking this morning it had gone up to 2559 which I thought would be over 7 years but no reward.
    However checking just a minute or 2 later on another character it was at 2560! and I had the 7 year reward (on both of the characters).
    Now this was before 1am DBG time but at least 40 minutes after midnight so it seems very odd that it would update between characters like that especially since it so seldom updates between game updates. Maybe some oddity in the code for loyalty awards?
    Prissetta likes this.