Ability mod

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Franklyn, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Franklyn New Member

Can we please get ability mod to work with "all" heals, spells, and attacks? Cleric reactives absolutely suck against lvl 50+ dmg since their ability mod is not adding into the equation for them. This is an issue I have been told has been around for a while, but should it really be an issue? Get it corrected. Ability mod should mod all of your abilities.
    Simparri and Prissetta like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

First, I want to say I agree that reactives scale poorly and it would be nice if they were improved.

However, (as far as I know) Ability Mod does "work" on reactives, just not very well.
    For example:

-with a HoT that ticks 5 times for 100 each, the ability mod cap is based on the total heal of 500
    -with a Reactive that has 5 triggers of 100 each, the ability mod cap is based on the amount of each individual trigger

So in that situation the Reactive only benefits from 50 Ability mod and the HoT benefits from 250.
    Kindread likes this.
  3. Greene Active Member

But it doesn't affect my channeler's % based heals at all I believe. Channelers need a buff in other words! ;) ;) ;)
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes Channelers are so terrible right now on Fallen Gate :p
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

http://www.eq2flames.com/templars/55149-ability-mod-mechanics-reactive-heals.html
    50% of the base value of your reactive heal divided by 3 and added across all reactive triggers.

f.e.

Base value = 800 - 1000
    heal mod cap = 400 - 500
    divided cap = 133 - 166

maxed reactive trigger value = 933 - 1166
    I'm not 100% sure tho, but regardless reactives are weak at the moment according to our inq.
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Weak is relative I suppose....

I have no issues healing anything other than a few x4 solo with my current gear...

If you want to be the top HPS parser (but why would you?) it wont happen, but an INQ will have no issue keeping their group or a tank alive in 99% of the current content.

Icy dig is super easy to heal, with the exception of Trauma queen, which I can't.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

They are weak compared to mob damage in game right now. Healers are so stupid out of balance right now it isn't even funny.

I feel like I'm a fool for making any healer other than a channeler or fury right now.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Inquis are honestly pretty bad except for the first two expansions and except for DoV, and thats just because of the silliness of aoes knocking people back, and having to cure on the run, see all of the launch DoV zones. Not to say a warden couldn't do all the DoV zones because I did on mine it's just easier to do it on an inquisitor.

That leaves KOS(and arguably DoF, but vanilla/dof are just... boring/points in the game lacking development direction) thru Sents fate where druids just completely destroy inquisitors and templars blow inquis out of the water as far as healing power goes.

Starting in KoS tortoise shell becomes a necessity in solo healing due to the ease of being able to avoid aoes and the raw healing potential of a fury is just much higher. Not to mention how good porcupine is for swarm adds and on pull to allow tanks to get extra mitigation, furies also provide better damage than inquisitors personally, and in aoes can jump up to t2 dps.

Inquisitor's buffs even start to diminish in value, we are going to quickly see a point where auto attack stats are sprinkled on gear at a rate that makes inquisitors buffs not even worth the defensive edge of warden through t-shell/shatter infections.

In regards to other healer balance, I think shamans/druids/templar are perfectly fine I just think channelers are too good at the moment.
  9. jessejames Active Member

Why a fury? I'm still learning tle raids but as far as icy digs groups (hardest single group content) it seems like the best healer combo is defiler/channy?
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Best healer dps, primal fury, strong heals, porcupine, thornskin, and they scale well to be useful forever. When we did icy digg the first hundred times we ran it with fury/channeler.

As far as raids go, furies are the best mage group healers and assuming that we get content fixes to not require 3 healers in each tank group (!) we can actually run two mage groups and put our predators in tank groups.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

the dream
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yes reuse speed is so bad no group wants it, especially now where CAs are king and theres hardly any of it until Sentinels Fate...

Forced Obedience is such a horrible skill until level 100 yes, yes.

Codemn, man who cares about debuffs now that they are relevant in game again..

Verdict, worst spell in the game

INQ epic 1.0 being one of the best healer epics.. doesn't matter either.

540% max health group buff, so weak (630% if everything is up).

Tenacity will be relevant until late SF raiding.

And then, once we get our mythic 2.0 we get an auto attack multiplier buff for our group at 12.6 or 15.15 at ancient.

Are you sure you played an inquisitor? Its true that they have been lackluster the last TWO expansions on LIVE servers, but up until then they are amazing scout group healers, one of the best ones.
  13. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Having an "OP Channeler" as my main on FG (which I LOVE her btw, it's such a different class and she's a lot of fun!), it makes me sad to hear all you other healers say you're not worthy. My first toon ever was a Templar 13 years ago, and I've had her up until very recently on live at lvl 100. I've raided on Templar and Inquisitor when I did play on live. The other 2 healer types I have played but not much past lvl 30.

I think the main reason Channelers are SO OP on TLE is because we weren't here at the start of the game, and not until many expansions later, when there was much harder content to contend with.

But to say the other healers are useless? That is SO far from true! Here is what I have as a lvl 50 Channeler:
    ONE single target rez that is non-combat.
    ONE AoE rez that is in-combat
    ONE group buff (oh wait, group water breathing LOL)
    ZERO single target buffs other than the construct's intercept
    ZERO debuffs with exception of I think 2 conduits, but the debuffs aren't worth even having at the ready as there are much better things in those conduit slots to use.
    So really the only thing we are bringing to the group IS our ability to heal well.
    You other healer classes ARE SO needed! You have all these awesome buffs, for both the tanks and melee and casters. You have phenomenal debuffs that quite frankly most raids cannot do without. Or not without difficulty. You can rez in-combat!

Every type of healer brings something different and useful to the group / raid. There is no content in TLE (group) game right now that cannot be done without a Channeler if the healers you do have are good. As far as raiding, I can't speak for that as I've not done the so-far end game raids.

Please don't sell yourselves short, or say you feel foolish for rolling any healer besides Channeler. Groups and raids need ALL the different types of healers.

Gods I'm chatty today >< Sorry for the long post, but thanks if you read it :)
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Fantacism doesn't give reuse until 70, even then the other healers start to become a lot more useful. But yes reuse is nice.

Forced obedience is cool sure, maybe if contested avoidance really mattered,

Verdict, oh boy 2%! Assuming an assassin doesn't spec it starting in TSO. I can't think of a moment that verdict has ever saved a pull~

Inq epic is cool yes, which I said it was cool in DoV because you could cure on the run, I would say fury is better on fights you don't to run/cure/stupid knockback, and even then other healer mythicals are also cool lol, you can't just say INQS YES GROUP CURE! When druids get a second one (which is better on 90% of content because it does damage!)

540%?

It's doubtful that tenacity will be relevant for that long, go look at itemization for DoF, we are already getting lots of haste/dps beginning to be itemized, eventually it will be littered on everything. Edit: Unless they uncap dps mod which they didn't until sents fate on stormhold, and then they just required 600 to hit 125% damage increase instead of 600 dps mod= more damage!

I don't care about mythic 2.0, this isn't about live and if it was I sure wouldn't run a inquisitor anyway. Furies get unlimited fae fires which makes them much better for mage groups, get group DR on pact of the cheetah and permanent like 15% DR and spirit of druidism wards/PI.

They've been pretty lackluster on live since Drunder, that was when furies were better because of protective instinct through hard hitting trauma aoes, then they added group damage reduction to stormbringers making the class the true kings of healing, same with wardens, we ran complete druids/shamans in my guild idk about yours /shrug. Also in regards to scout groups, the one time we did run one we ran a warden because I could tortoise shell the entire group and provide oodles of crit bonus with windblade.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Channelers will always be super strong healers, they were better healers than every other one when they added them to live back in 2014 because of the intercept, as it has been stated multiple times on the forums.

The class will forever intercept 35% of damage incoming which essentially means 35% of damage inc a tank never recieves which if you look....
    Templars have: True Faith Temp buff (25% DR, (I think they hamfisted it up to 50% tho!), Divine Light Temp buff 8% DR, 7.5% Magical DR Perma to the group, and divine guidance Temp (Max Health)
    Wardens have: Cyclone(10 second immunity to all damage), Infuriating Thorns(3 Trigger stoneskin), 2 Trigger single/group death save(3 Single i believe with the dragon AA) and tortoise shell.

Channelers have : Eye shot, 35% DR/Heal based on inc damage, weapon damage bonus debuffs/stat debuffs, and entirely % based heals which trump the power of other healers direct heals.

It's not to say that other healers aren't needed/wanted the problem is how much the class can heal, and the fact that paired with a shaman what they offer is basically always better than what a warden/templar offer especially ay lower levels.

Side note: group content at this tier is pretty non existant, I've solo healed everything with the exception of icy digg on my mystic, and I did all of icy digg with the exception of queen.
  16. Muffincookie Active Member

A channeler I can understand, but why Fury?

EDIT: ok I saw the same question further up got answered.
    But still intresting as ive seen players actually being nervous about taking a Fury in group as their healer.
    I have a feeling that they have gotten a bad reputation for some reason. People think HoTs are weak, esp. Fury.

But I guess its like this, that if you run into one really bad player playing healer X, its easy to think that that class cant handle healing well. And if it happens again you will prob be 100% sure that class sux at healing.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We will see... I can see so much of this upcoming expansion being so easy you can just rock 6 healers for like 90% of it and maybe need a three healer setup for like djinn master or one of the other "end of zone" encounters.

The nice part is tanks actually get a decent amount of block chance/mitigation increase and actually get to wear level 60 fabled gear so they will get proper mitigation/tank stats on items and not be required to wear druid/cleric pieces just to get decent mitigation.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes every healer has beneficial group utility, and yes a good raid will always have a variety of healers. However, in the current state of things on FG, there are 2 simple truths about healing.

1. Any content that can be done with out a Channeler, is extremely trivialized with one.

2. For all other content refer to Rule 1.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Group content isn't even worth discussing, icy dig and everything else is easy and can be done with any healers. When raiding progression mobs, it's good to have a channeler in the tank group, but for farm mobs and heroics it doesn't matter. They are pretty OP as healers, but unless you are pulling something that hits really hard it's just overkill and anyone else could do the same job. We will see how they perform in DoF... someone mentioned an incoming nerf in another thread.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I think others answered, but the best offensive buffing, great healing, and porcupine makes a pretty awesome short term defensive buff. Fury's have some of the best tools, particularly at this stage of the game, and I don't see it changing substantially until AA.

Clerics can't keep up right now and don't offer much to the group. Mystics aren't horrible, but defilers really fall behind right now, and wardens simply don't offer anything as remotely useful as fury does.

I made a defiler and inquisitor and put them in the best gear I could manage, then I rolled a channeler wearing trash gear and the channeler can out do the other two put together wearing basically no gear. I quickly realized, if I want two healers in my stack right now, there is simply no reason to pick anything but channeler and fury.

My own failure to really consider where the healer classes are at this stage of the game in picking what to bother to dump time and resources into gearing.