AA's do not add up (all of them, not just Prestige)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Susan T, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Susan T New Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: New Age Warriors' Guild Hall
    Character: Level 120 Conjuror

Summary: AA's dont' add up (all, not just Prestige)
    Description: Apologies if you have already received this bug report, but when I posted it, I was unable to leave a Forum report, so I have had to do it again.

Character: Podacious, but this is occuring on all characters across two accounts.
    Server: Maj'Dul
    Problem: when I add up my AA points, they do not total 350, which my AA bar says they should. I am counting the numbers on the Tree icons (1-10), not the total at the bottom of the Tree window (eg. 70/100) The icon numbers do not add up to the the total at the bottom of the window, either.

I searched Forums and found reports of this happening for Prestige, but nothing about AA's in general. I do not know how long this has been happening. I never really examined my totals until AA glitches were reported in Febr
  2. Ixian Active Member

Do you have a link to your AA tree? Some AAs require more than than a single point to unlock per rank.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that AA trees were developed over the years and added/layered as additions. The AA points they reflect on each tree was likely what was available. At any rate, you get 350 for distribution across all trees. That said, with this latest xpac, not all AA points come from sheer adventuring and killing stuff. If you look at different AA specs for different people for the same class, you'll see a wide difference at times depending on what that individual is doing with their toon. And I'd also that that "Ready Up" changed recently to require a 3 point investment. Which meant many of us had to redo AA Prestige allocation to get it to work.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Susan T New Member

I don't know how to post a link. Even a resized screenshot was too big to post. I will try to post this photo. If you look at the numbers in the circles, they do not add up to the "100/100" total on the bottom of the window. If I posted all the Trees, they do not add up to 350. Has the AA system changed so much that I do not understand it anymore? This is not my Personal profile; this is the Server default. Forget Prestige debate. I'm just wanting all my basic AA's
  5. Susan T New Member

It would not let me post a photo. any instructions on how to link something?
  6. Susan T New Member

OK, I found myself on EQ2 Wire. Here is the link. It's old information, but it shows the discrepancy I''m talking about. I know that many endline points take 2 points when it says 1, but my Summoner, Conjuror and Shadows trees are all off by 13-20 points. I glanced at another Conjuror AA spec and their numbers do not add up either. So is this just the way it is for everyone and we trust that the software knows what it's doing, even when things don't add up?

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/884763973348
  7. Lemilla Active Member

As far as I can tell, the points add up correctly.

[IMG]