AA-Slider on F2P accounts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Apecoe, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Apecoe New Member

Why is the AA-slider on F2P accounts locked to 50% even after reaching 320AA.

I can understand it locking to 50% while leveling but enforcing a 50% XP penalty once 320 AA's are reached is kinda unfair.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

To get the slider to move you need to have a gold subscription. It's one of the few remaining gold perks.

Edit: I'm also not sure there is a penalty at all. No xp goes to AA when you have 320 AA already unless something has changed. Have you confirmed by looking at your combat bar that XP is being converted to AA XP still?
  3. Apecoe New Member

That's how I actually noticed it. The character on my F2P account is currently level 92 and has 320AA.

Some details:
    When looking at the xp bar it says something like: "517,723 / 1,044,885 (49.5%)".
    Whenever I complete a quest or kill a mob then I see how much XP I should be gaining from the "You gain x XP plus y XP from bonuses"
    The current XP value (eg. 517,723 in the above example) is however only raised with 50% of x+y

Result: a 50% XP penalty for those on F2P accounts and at 320 AAs.
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

So go gold and get the ability to move the slider, f2p has got to retain some minor detrimental effects
  5. Apecoe New Member

Still not convinced that this "minor detrimental" is supposed to be. Especially with the lvl10/280AA bauble out there. It would effectively mean that the item is worthless for anyone playing f2p because the 50% XP penalty.
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

and the point is what on this? want to move the slider then get a subscription f2p already have almost everything handed to them on a silver platter for nothing
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

How is instantly having 280 aa worthless? I personally would never buy the thing but 280 aa points is 280 aa points.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

What he's seeing is that when your AA is capped at 320 50% of the experience is going "poof" into AA anyway. As F2P he can't move the slider from 50%. I honestly doubt that is the way things are supposed to be working at the 320 cap.

Getting 280 AA at level 10 would have you capped at 320 rather quickly, after which 50% of your experience would just be wasted.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I understand what he's saying about the aa at 320. I do not understand what that has to do with the bauble other than you would hit the 320 cap sooner. That in itself does nothing to devalue the 280 aa bauble.
  10. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

I think the meaning is if you started a new character. Used the bauble and immediately gained 280 AA you would only require 70 AA to be maxed out. Thus after that has maxed out 50% of all xp gained is gone. Im not sure wether or not i agree if thats working as intended or broken but i agree gold sub should have "some" benefits.

Quite honestly "free to play" is a bit alien coming from games which had enforced monthly fees. Monthly fees seem "normal" to me.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Do you actually get 280 "usable" AA ? Or are the available AA locked to level progression? The latter seems to make more sense. Low level toons with that much AA seems kinda silly to me?
  12. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

Most skills are % based so i guess a high percentage of a low number is still a low number.
  13. Lucus Well-Known Member

FTP characters with maxed AAs are supposed to have their slider automatically snap to 0% with all xp going into adventure xp and vice versa. that's how it worked before, maybe an update broke it?
    Torvaldr likes this.
  14. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Minor detrimental??? everything else is handed to f2p on a silver platter, there are only one or 2 minor inconveniences that are still attached to a F2P account, a slider that cannot be adjusted is one of them, the other can be resolved with a few dollars of station cash. "Still not convinced that this "minor detrimental" is supposed to be." evidently you where not around when the F2P was set up, the non-paying accounts could never move their slider, so by you logic "not supposed to be" has been like that since inception of the ftp. you get the 50 percent penalty, paying accounts get normal experience.

As far as the item being worthless - you still have 40 aa to get at 280, on 11/15 you will need 60, current cap is 320, with the expansion the cap is 340.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

^^This.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's strange that at max level but lower AAs, your slider goes to 100% AA.... but not the other way round.

Never confirmed if it is a bug or intended. Players assume it's intended.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Just remembered I have a 41/320 on my silver account, so I tested this on live and on beta. 50% of experience earned is most definitely being lost.
  18. Eidaar New Member

tested this out quite a while ago now and confirming about the 50% xp-loss due to stuck slider when at capped AA - would love an official response to this, as it's been around for ages now and most people do take this for granted, while it's quite probably a bug and should be looked at ;)
  19. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed this is how it's supposed to work for every character. I remember Gold members not being able to change that even if they move the xp slider.

Don't look at the text, check the actual adventure xp amount after a kill.

Maybe something has changed at some point. I don't really keep up on these little details, but I would like to see some screenshots, combat logs, or other concrete details.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I just copied the exact text displayed for a discovery and a kill, including the information from the XP bar. There is no mention at all of Alternate Advancement experience, but half the points earned do vanish to somewhere:

XP Bar = 16,826/23,000
    You have killed an arctic monitor.
    You gain 83 XP plus 167 XP from bonuses!
    XP Bar = 16,951/23,000 (a gain of 125 XP)
    You have discovered Icespire Caverns.
    You gain 730 XP!
    XP Bar = 17,316/23,000 (a gain of 365 XP)