AA quesiton about "Minstrel's Melody"

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums Guest

I went down the Int tree for a brief amount of time and absolutely loved the boost to DPS that 8 points in that ability gave, but respecced out of it and I miss seeing that huge DPS buff up. However, that's not what I was getting at, my question is does Minstrel's Melody effect Chime of Blades since it too does increase attack speed? Since it's not a concentration buff, does it even apply to Chime of Blades....anyone have a solid answer on this?
  2. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Ok when Im done lets Stiky this cause it keeps commin up

Minstrel's Aria ONLY effects the BOON Line.*

Minstrel's Melody ONLY effects the Riania's Line. *

*For Dirges.
  3. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Androw is correct, the descriptions can get a lil hazy and vague because the buffs are different for Dirge and Troub. The attack speed statement of melody is for the Troub side of the equation, buffs their haste song. I had trouble with this also and when I did a search on it I still had to puzzle it out.

That said, your feeling that this is dps heaven is one I share.

Points in Rhythm Blade and Aria means you and your group mates are gonna whack those yellow and orange mobs with a better hit percentage.

Points in melody mean your and your group mates weapons are gonna hit quite a bit harder. Even at higher levels this can mean a 6 or 7% increase in melee dps just from the AA change.

As far as COB goes the only modifers I am aware of are:
    The dirge aa which enhances the length of the song by 5 seconds
    The EOF set armor which shortens the recast time by 25 seconds but only the tier 7 song (requires 3 pieces)
    The ROK set which lengthens the song by 8 seconds but only the tier 8 song (requires 5 pieces)
    The mythical weapon that applies the tier 8 song raid wide.