AA problem once I hit 280

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by santargria, Aug 9, 2014.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

So, finally after 6 weeks I got 280 AA and can finally start to level again.

Unfortunately, I'm getting odd behaviour with the AA system.

The AA system tells me have 2 AA to assign. When I go to assign them there aren't 2 available. I get out, commit and sure enough it tells me again I have 2AA to assign. Now, everytime I chunk I get dismounted and have to rebuff myself - this happened to me before and all I had to do was commit the AA but it doesn't seem to work that way now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Seems problem solved - GM said I have too many AA's cause I uploaded a template.

Not sure what good templates are if they have problems?
  3. Evisca D'White Member

Templates are good because you get to lay out 100% of your AA spec and it will auto-fill as you go along instead of you losing your place and having to go back through everything to find out where that point was supposed to go. I had the same problem a lot when I was getting to my Heroic tree points, if you don't have 20 points for the endline it will show you have so many available but you can't use them because they're locked to that endline and you don't have enough to pop it yet.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks for that - too bad I have no idea what you said LOL

I didn't understand what the GM said either - thought I had a handle on AA's but it seems I am so in the dark about them :(
  5. Caith Developer

Basically a template works as a road map for your Alternate Advancement abilities, allowing you to plan out exactly how you will be spending them. This works even if you do not yet have enough AA's to complete your map. As you earn more AA's, they are automatically assigned following the instructions on your map (template).

What most likely happened in your case, is the next spot in your map required multiple AA's, and you did not yet have enough to purchase it. This is most often seen in the Heroic tab, when attempting to purchase a second end line.

When that happens you need to earn enough AA's to purchase the ability before the system will spend them.

In example, you are trying to purchase an ability that costs 20 AA's (such as a second heroic end line), and you have 2 available, you need to earn 18 more AA's before that ability can be purchased. Once you have all 20 AA's, the template will automatically purchase the ability, but until you reach that threshold the AA's you have will remain unspent.
    Avahlynn likes this.