AA paths

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-DfknW, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DfknW Guest

Any thoughts on AA paths. I think I'm going 100% agi route. I'm liking recast timers and casting time shortened. Any other recommendations?

Lilpete
    61 Warlock/60 Tailor
    Amend
  2. ARCHIVED-Zarquon Guest

I intend to split mine between Int (reduced aggro) and Agi (reduced timers).
  3. ARCHIVED-Volnkar Guest

Yah, I'm really thinking about the reduced aggro line, that would come in really handy while grouping. I always want to unleash my encounter wide and awesome aoe attacks, but it's always unwise unless you have an awesome tank who is great at holding group aggro.
    On the other hand, I really love critical hits, so I was thinking about going up the strength line too.... Oh well, after I put my first poin in, I'm saving up my points for another 5 Achievement levels before I decide where to spend them.
    On the agi line, if you max out, how much faster will you actually be able to cast spells? What is the best % reduction you can get? I'd do the math myself but I'm at work and can't check the Achievements windown right now :smileytongue:
  4. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

I'm breaking the mold and heading down the wis line. I like the "next spell does xx% more damage" one, the "minimum damage numbers increase", and "10% less mana consumed". My thinking is that I'm kind of making my own crits with the first one, since it's 16% at rank 1, don't know about higher ranks. With the second, I figure that I'm doing less than max with most hits, so may as well bump up the average a little bit. With the third, I can chain spells together all day as long as I have mana, so the day is now 10% longer. Undecided whether I'll put all my points into that line or put some into agi or str too.

Most tanks get some kind of "more hate" AA, and I'm assuming that a good chunk are going to take them. The "less hate" seems like a waste to me. Besides, there are always ways around hate, like having a pally or troub in your group, giving the tank a few seconds to make some hate, or loading up dots before you nuke.
  5. ARCHIVED-observer Guest

The Strength, Stamina, and Wisdom lines look pretty good for PvP.

:smileysurprised:
  6. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

My plan is to have at least 2 paths, 1 for leveling and 1 for raiding; I'll respec to the raiding path once I reach level 70. I'm initially heading up the Wisdom path for % spell damage increase since it seems like the best return on investment when you don't have alot of AA. If it works well I'll complete the wisdom line and then go agility. If things change or don't work as intended I'll respec more than once; it's only money. I haven't decide what the best raiding setup is yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

100% agree on the grinding AA's then respec for raiding, doing the same thing. I'm going Wis now, and maybe put a few in Agi. But come raid time, the int line with 8 ppints in aggro reduction, for me atleast, is a must. Basically it's a damage increase if you think of it that way, allowing you to do more without getting aggro. I think I'll probably put the rest in Agi...but Wis is cool too. Just not sure i like leaving a bare hand emtpy.
    Message Edited by Geoff77 on 02-26-200603:35 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-d24e Guest

I'm going for max damage.
    8 improved critical chance
    8 in that wis spell that gives 30% more dmg on next spell
    8 in the raise base damage skill
    Then I have a few points left, which I'll probably put in INT/STA/AGI to get those up a bit.

However if it doesn't work out for raids, I might respec for lower cast timers/recast and a reduce aggro %. Though I'd hate to give up the awesome dps boost of criticals and WIS line.

Does anyone know if the 1silver respec cost is per point or all points? And what the next respec cost is?
  9. ARCHIVED-RFMan Guest

I'm REALLY breaking the mold and going down the stamina line first. It looks best for soloing, and I'm hoping it might also let me take a few more hits. I could care less about the damage shield, I just want that 75 resist crushing/piercing/slashing. Hopefully it gives that much every level, but I could be wrong... Manashield also looks interesting, but I'm not so sure. I may drop on over to the str line before then.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ugho Guest

I have a couple of questions about this.

I noticed on the very first rank you get a pet and a spell to summon it.

I then proceeded on the int line, but didn't see any message saying my int increased, and didn't noticed an increase(may have missed it). Do you get a spell for that as well??

Also, is there a way to reset what you have selected already?
  11. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

Yes there is a way to change what you have already picked. I stumbled upon it over the weekend and have changed mine twice so far. Take the blue teleporter in the mage tower in SQ. The guy is at the bottom of the stairs. The first time I did it it cost 1 silver, the second time, it cost 13 silver, so I immagine this will be quite expensive if you do it often.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ugho Guest

I'm in Freeport, so will have to check there, I'm assuming by SQ you are talking South Qeynos.

Also, could someone answer my question about is this a spell, or automatic stats?
  13. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

Yes I did mean South Qeynos. I have 7 points in the INT line. I did get the +4 for INT per level. It is not a spell, but a permanent buff. I noticed when I got it it said I got apprentice 1, then apprentice 2 and so on, but I am not sure what the exact name was.
  14. ARCHIVED-AweeBard Guest

I am going STR for maximum crits and AGI for reduced cast and reuse timers. For aggro decrease during raids I am taking a good tank and ammends.
    Theng/Oddy
    Eidolon, AB
  15. ARCHIVED-d24e Guest

Yer, did you have to pay 1s and 13s per point or did it reset all points at once?
    And what's the next price?
  16. ARCHIVED-Yer Guest

I paid 1 silver the first time and 13 silver the second. It gives you all your points back, not just one. I have no idea what the next price is and I am really going to try to no re-spec them again until I get at least one full tree. The way the prices jump, I would say the next step will be about 1 gold.
  17. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

All in all, i'm quite disappointed with our aa's.

Sure, int line looks good, with aggro reduction and defense buffs.

But the first aggro reduction requires that we hit a mob with a melee attack to get the benefit.

the 2nd aggro reduction is passive... thank god. But it requires a minimum 13 pt committment before we ever get a benefit. And the final skill is yet another concussive spell. Yay for cutting down our dps by forcing us to cast another spell, then triggering it with a hostile spell to get a reduction! Craptastic!

The str chain again...13 pt committment before we ever get a crit hit benefit.

the wis chain has some great dps benefits. But the skills require us to go without a secondary item. Hamstringing us on our stats to boost dps. MAYBE this will be worthwhile at 70 for raiding, when our stats are buffed well over int cap, and it might be worth respeccing aa's to this for raiding, once we have 50 aa's to sink into them

So, i'm going up the Stam chain. It's the only chain I see that doesn't have serious drawbacks, and the mana shield should be a lifesaver.
  18. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Concussive blasts for 24s and every spell you cast in that time decreases agro. Concussive only decreases agro on the next spell. You can get an awful lot of spells off in 24s if you avoid the long cast time ones.

Also, if you set up macros to unequip your secondary, cast Freehand Sorcery, cast your spell, then click on your hotbar icon for your offhand item, you can avoid the hamstringing for more than a few seconds :D. If you go with a really fast casting spell you can even get the item re-equipped before FS wears off.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rimllar Guest

From FAQ

To respec, you will need to speak with the following NPCs in order to do so:

City: Qeynos
    NPC: Wynia Vethe <Achievement Counsel>

City: Freeport
    NPC: Nexa L'Dur <Achievement Counsel>

The cost to respec your achievements is initially fairly low, but increases in price the more times you respec. The cost caps out at 13p after you've respec'd your achievements 6 times.

* First Respec: 1s
    * Second Respec: 13s
    * Third Respec: 1g 30s
    * Fourth Respec: 13g
    * Fifth Respec: 1p 30g
    * Sixth Respec (and thereafter): 13 p