AA leveling speed

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by swissarmywolf, Oct 8, 2013.

1. swissarmywolf New Member

Been gone a long time and was wondering whether it would be worth it to stop at a low level to grind out aa or if it would be faster to do them later. Not quite sure how the aa experience curve works in eq2. Any advice would be great, thanks.
  2. Plinc Active Member

you have to have 280 AA to advance past lvl 90.
    if you are short, you can make up for it in Skyshrine or just claim a CoE token (if you bought the xpac)
    getting level 90 > getting AA because of crafted CoE gear and access to Skyshrine
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I do it old school... ^^ if i do a new toon, getting around 20-25 and boost it up to 250-280 and get the rest on the way up to lvl 95. (But i two box)
  4. guard Active Member

on alts I just set aa slider to 80% aa still level fast and have a decent amount of aa to make things easier as I level
    Raff and Finora like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I do it pretty much like guard suggests.

I have occassionally bumped the aa slider all the way to 100% if I find I'm outleveling the zone I'm working on, but most of the time it sits somewhere around 75-85%. Plenty of aa, you level fairly quickly anyway & no reason to sit and grind at any point.
  6. alvane Member

Ratio is basically 3.5 AAs to 1 adventure level. Two basic ways of doing it with an optional 3rd method.

1. Level lock: move slider to 100%AAs and hit all starred names, HQs and AA quests as well as collections until you have the # of AAs you wish, then slide back to 0 AAs, level up adventure to the next tier.
    2. Level as you go which means balancing out the fighting with the AAs placing your slider around 70% with variances if you level adventure too fast or too slow. Again, starred names, collections AA quests, HQs, signature lines, etc.

A third way is to power level to cap, then chronomage down to the lowest tier you wish. Run around killing all starred names, doing HQs, sig quests and AA quests throughout the entire zones you chose. Then chronomage to the next tier; rinse and repeat. This way is probably the most boring method, but a number of power levelers seem to like getting their AAs this way.

I've had characters that level locked (achieved max AAs (320) by adventure level 52. Some people have received all 320 AAs before level 20. I've also had characters that balanced levels which means they had the full amount of AAs to get for each new expansion that raised AA levels.

AAs came in at KoS when players capped at level 60 could advance to level 70. Then you only got 50 AAs and the one tree. And AAs (aka Achievement Points) began at level 20. You couldn't get 100AAs nor spend them until EoF was released.

Now you get 5AA at level 10. And you can spend 100AA points up to level 50 with max 50 points in the first two trees. It's a far cry from when AAs were introduced and added to over the expansions.
  7. Tineren Active Member

Actually, they removed the level restrictions a few months ago. Now you. Can earn and spend all 320 AAs at level 10.