AA (description) bug

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Jusztin, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jusztin Guest

The Dark Thoughts Warlock AA description says "Impoves the base damage and duration od Dark Pyre and its upgrades.
    Effects:
    Impoves .....
    Improves the duration by xx%."

But if i put some achievement points to there, the duration reduce, it ticks the same times, but faster.

Also sent bug report
  2. ARCHIVED-Walker76 Guest

It's supposed to work this way. By shortening the duration, you get the same damage out over a shorter period of time, increasing the effeciency of the spell. This also helps bring the duration under the recast time which allows you to recast the spell without overwrting the prior cast and lowering effecincy as well.
    Hope this helps.
  3. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Well, I don't have access to the game (work) at the moment but we do have two different AAs in the Warlock tree that alter this spell. It's kind of dumb tbh as one of them shortens the duration, therefore making the tics come faster but the other new one from SF increases the duration and damage. Doesn't seem like they REALLY put a lot of thought into that.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Azian@Everfrost wrote:
    Incorrect, they both make it tick faster. It's simply worded strange.
  5. ARCHIVED-Walker76 Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Yeah, one says decrease duration and ones says improves duration. Improving a DoT duration means decreases the time between ticks, so they are both doing the same thing but as Morghus said, they are worded strangely. Regardless, take them both and enjoy one of your new best spells.
  6. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Morghus wrote:
    That's good to know. I took both anyway since I like what they do but it's reassuring to know they don't also work against each other. I'll admit that I hadn't looked at actual times on it but apparently misunderstood the wording. Thanks.