AA Allocation and Ability reuse/casting speed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taka, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Taka Active Member

Here's the tl;dr version. Many classes that have AA that reduce reuse on spells is redundant and without testing and resting AA cannot see how many points actually do reduce to max 50% reduction and how many are wasted.

Okay longer version.
    With making class abilities not gear dependent and now high reuse speed on 90+ characters some of these AA are 1) irrelevant 2)do not indicate on the UI that spending this point actually yields nothing.

Example 1: A 90 paladin on the Paladin Tree: Heroic Leadership... with a high spell reuse and the class ability you only get benefit out of 2-3/5 points in this ability. Same deal with Shadows Tree: Forced Following.

Example 2: Defiler - Shaman Tree: Witchdoctor's Herbal Recipe and Defiler Tree: Enhance: Spiritual Circle.. both these are pure reuse increases that is wasted at max level.

What I hope to see resolved is an indicator in the UI in either the spells to show their original reuse and allow the user to handle calculate what 50% reduction equals or have a indicator in the AA window that indicates for reuse reducers that the spell in question would NOT be reduced by spending this point.

It's a little hand holding but I think its a feature that many benefit from.

Thank you for your time,

Taka
  2. Hachi Member

I like that. Showing more clearly what will change and how it will affect your character with other AAs taken into account wouldn't really be hand holding; that's useful information for optimizing choices without being forced to thoroughly test or read accounts from people who *have* thoroughly tested.
  3. Taka Active Member

I wonder what the folks who theorycraft this about this? do its make it too easy to not waste aa points? or make all the specs too cookie cutter?
  4. Mohee Active Member

with over 100% reuse and cast speed, I only pick these AA's for their other properties (usually increases the crit bonus for that particular spell)
  5. Taka Active Member

@Mohee - while similar case.. the UI itself doesn't have a way to indicate on the spell window or in the AA window (other then refreshing your spell examine window) that your reuse or cast speed is not benefited. While you example is good one, this still does not address the pure reuse or cast speed AA points that might get waste in various classes lines.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

While your request does address how we can better avoid wasting our AAs on useless abilities, the actual problem that requires fixing is that all these reduction bonuses need to be to the spell's "base" reuse/cast speed - before any bonuses. SoE has realized this in the most recent expac and some of the new prestige abilities already work this way. They just need to go back and rework all the existing AAs/Prestige/Character Development/Focus abilities to use the same logic.

A UI indication of what you get would absolutely still be useful, but hey, let's get the root cause addressed.