AA Advice for a Returning Paladin DPS Spec (for Soloing & Grouping)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-atinoco, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-atinoco Guest

Hello guys, just came back from a break to keep on lvling up my pally I'm currently lvl 87 with 181 AA's (3 unspent) but I'm clueless about how to keep placing my AAs now, I'm a pure DPS Paladin and I mostly solo, I group from time to time but not much.... Any suggestions?
    here's how my AA's are now.... I got 3 AA's to spend ATM: http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?f01r1a...35@351@1555@151
    I've been lokking at the DPS AA spec from EQ2 Flames, but I've been suggested by other paladins that the Spec its effective for lvl 90 Players with full 250 AAs and endgame gear....so I;ve been suggested to deviate from it untill i get more AAs....just came back from a break so I'm now puzzled, anybody got any suggestions on which skills would bring the most benefit to me for the time being...

From the Sticky: http://www.eq2flames.com/paladins/3...read-specs.html
    Thanks in Advance
  2. ARCHIVED-Maamadex Guest

Paladin tree looks solid. As for crusader Trample is good but higher ground and lance aren't as good imo as say, more hps and divine aura. I dropped divine aura a long time ago, along with crit because of my gear, but its a good line for a pally with low aa who's not 90. I prefer wisdom line for its buffs, the group ward and skills are nice, and its good to be fearless every now and then. I wouldn't max agility at any rate.
    With the shadow lines, i would not have gotten valor in battle or cavalier's call til I got blessed warding, forced following, and knights counter + stonewall and faithful cry. They just aren't as good as those imo. Cavalier's call i'd put off til I spent a lot more points maxing crusader lines and getting SF aas. Crusader is where most of our really cool stuff comes from.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wiergraf Guest

If you mostly solo, and don't have a lot of gear with crit chance (i.e. you need the 20~ points in crit from the STA line) you might want to consider dropping WIS for STA and speccing for Divine Aura. Helps a lot if you need extra survivability to solo zones by yourself.
    The more you start to group and raid, keeping WIS becomes more worthwhile.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maamadex Guest

He already has maxed agility, he can just drop all but trample in agi and put those in Sta for DA. Once you finish off shadow lines you can put stuff in Wis if you want and get the bonus potency to the group buff. Thats probably how i'd do it, then get a few things here or there, the paladin SF aa's aren't really badass or anything but i'd get them after i was happy with crusader and shadow lines.
  5. ARCHIVED-atinoco Guest

Thanks for the feedback my friends, awesome feedback on the Shadows tree, it looks like i will be resetting that tree 1st to drop valor in battle or cavalier's call and going for some of the suggested skills... if you were me, in what order would you spec those skills (blessed warding, forced following, and knights counter + stonewall and faithful cry), I'm thinking to spec Kight Counter, Blessed Warding and Faithfull Cry 1st, ¿what do you think?
    Regarding Forced Following, I didn't use Holy Ground Much, I guess I Considered it a taunt somehow and got it out of my primary DPS hotbar since I mostly solo, do you think DPS Wise I should use that spell more more frequently and Spec Force Following or use those points somewhere else 1st?
    I don't know why, but I've never been a fan of DA, I had it in previous Spec but I almost never used it, so I dropped it....I solo a lot at a slow pace, and that seems to work fine since I don't die much....., it was a while ago when i choose Lance over DA, I think I read a lot of people that preferred lance over DA for the DPS, and since I was looking for DPS that's why I chose it i think.
    Thanks again for the feedback.
  6. ARCHIVED-atinoco Guest

Just did The Shadows Tree Reset and dropped valor in battle and cavalier's call , it's now looking like this with 13 AA points available to spend...
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?f01r1a...5@35@351@25@251
    I wanted to spec Knight's Counter Next, but it Require to spend 170 pts overall before I do so, so I need to put 2 more points somewhere before I can Work on the Shadows:paladin Line.
    So I guess It's back to work on the crusader tree, but I don't have a clue on what to do next, to respec that tree completely, or to add 2 points somewhere else in that tree as it is (Sta or Int Line).
    Since I'm looking for DPS, on the Wis line only Combat Leadership and Battle Leadership add to the dps, but I don't know how big the effect it would be. On the int line theres also two skill that can improve damage: Legionnaire's Smite and Legionnaire's Wrath, but I don't know which line to favor....
    About dropping the crits from the STA line...it's a possibility....my current Crit % is 92.7% so if I drop Fervor of Faith, the Crit % would go down to 70,3%, I don't know what is more significant keeping the crits at 92% or using the points for something else , if I drop the Crits It would free 10 Points and and if I Leave Hammer Ground at 1 point (just to stun AOE) it would free 3 more....so thats 13 more points to put somewhere in the Crusader Tre.

Let me know what you think
  7. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

I sort of buck against the "norm" for solo / group play.
    However int line is more of a raid line and not a group line (the reflect doesnt offer enough dps), also our heals are tooled for heroic / solo content atm (with the lack of crits) so its good to put some pts into them. Crusaders Faith as a note is not in most paladin raid specs but i have it in my solo / group spec. The mobs solo or group DONT hit that hard so your dps should easily heal you with it, plus it is 0 power.... 0 pr heal = good for solo or group.

My personal solo / group spec:
    For the Raid spec i have it looks very similar to the spec you have at the top there. Lance does pretty good damage for group / solo mobs and the amount of "dps" your spells would increase by from having the int line ones is not significant enough to overcome the loss of lance.