A Yurning to Decorate!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ealdian, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Hello!

After an all too brief discussion on Homeshow, almost no forethought, and with WAY too much coffee in me, I have decide to sponsor a new contest: A Yurning to Decorate!

The rules are simple:

Using ONLY [Ancient Desert Urn] create anything you'd like. The sky's the limit! Make a house, a monster, a custom couch, use your imagination!

Any server, any house. Any number of urns.

Contest ends November 17th at 12:00 AM PST. That should give everyone time to get thru the next few events.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

My guildies and I will be the SOLE judges. The criteria is whatever strikes our fancy, and before I get any hate mail, please be aware that I was a teacher and I am hated by a great number of people already so it won't bother me.

The 1st place prize will be a Krono. We may come up with 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well, if so, we will keep you posted here.

Maybe one of the devs will take mercy on us and give us another prize. Or maybe they will re-think the drop- rate on the Pumpkin Bombs. Either one would be a good thing, right?

UPDATE!!!

NEVER in my right mind ( if there is, indeed, such a thing with me) did I think there would be so much response to this contest. I have completely lost track of who has "signed up" (you'll recall I DID say it was poorly thought out) so the naming convention is going to be VERY important here.

Name your place as:

(House Name) YtD17 by (Your Name)

as in:

Hunka Hunka Urning Love YtD17 by Elfis

If you don't name your house using AT LEAST YtD17 I won't be able to find it and you may miss out. I don't want that to happen so I'll get into the game and yell this out in Homeshow a few hundred times.

Also..please DO NOT publish BEFORE the 17th. I want this to be surprising and highly anticipated and astonishing and ... well...I've run out of synonyms because this is only my first cup of coffee...
    ziboo, HaphazardAllure, Dude and 7 others like this.
  2. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Oh! I guess you better leave me a message here if you want to participate. Contest starts whenever you are fed up with all those urns!
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Count me in! I've gotten so many its unreal. Should include mummy heads, that's all the graves wanna give me lol.
  4. Kokorobosoi Active Member

For those on thurgadin, I have approximately 400 urns already. Aside from those I deleted and the ones I er.....sent to a certain someone till their mailbox was full.

Anyways, no mount yet, so I can say there will be more urns. Let me know if you need a few hundred urns!
    Ceyllynn, Spextasy, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  5. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I wish you all lots of luck! This definitely sounds like fun. I don't participate in contests, so I'm going to sit this one out. But I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Please add screenshots to this thread when done, I'm dying to see what people come up with. :D
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

What a cool idea!
  8. Ealdian Well-Known Member

That IS a good idea! Will do!
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I don't know if I will have time since I haven't even gotten to tossing the pumpkin bombs (although Dalv had me picking up the pumpkins so I have TONS of shinies and a few trees. If I do get around to it I will post here. Also, I added link to this in "The Decorator's Resource" sticky thread.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I would like to participate.

Zelienople on AB
  11. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

For some reason no trees for me. All I keep getting is shinies
  12. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Great! I can't wait to see what folks come up with!
  13. Ealdian Well-Known Member

What server are you on Elfie?
  14. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

I'm in have an idea for something smallish but hoping I can make it work
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

Ha sorry Ealdian hadn't finished coffee when I had posted, Skyfire server.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm dropping all my urns on the broker for a few copper to assist anyone on Maj'Dul who needs them for the contest. If you are willing to come meet me somewhere, I will pull them from the broker and hand 'em to you free.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If anyone on AB needs some urns, please send an in-game mail to my alt "Kuulaa" as she is the only one bothering with trying to get the mount and has been saving her urns. They are free and whomever messages first, I will set up a time and place to pass them to avoid clogging up someone's in-box.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Tithulta from AB would like to enter this contest. I am posting for him as he is a procrastinator and will never get around to making a post.

Cyrrena
  19. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Ocarinah, if you do it on thurg...I have urns for you. as many urns as you'd like! you could FILL a house with them.....even with an expander...I can fill a house with them! lol!!!
  20. kianne Well-Known Member

Set up a dungeon call it URNS put all urns in there then add who ever as trustee so they can help them selves saves mailing them can hold 2k yes