A Very Long Question

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Skade, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Skade New Member

I've decided to come back to EQ2 and have been convinced to try Varsoon. I never played this era of the game and my past experience was essentially a warden and swashbuckler at 110.

I've been trying different classes but obviously only running to lvl 15 or so isn't the best metric of the classes. That being said, I'm interested in a few classes. I'm primarily a support enjoyer and I would love to raid at some point. I tend to be biased to healers but the only one that wasn't painful (for lack of a better word) was the Inquisitior. I would imagine the Mystic gets better with more levels under its belt, though.

Ultimately I'm stuck between Illusionist (coercer?), Mystic and Inquisitor. In my brief watching of the LFG channel I hardly ever see anyone looking for healers, though. Would I be better served with a utility based class at this point?

To sum the all the questions up the best I can, which of these classes is going to get me the furthest soloing, grouping, and raiding?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

All groups, raids, like to have their bard or enchanter, it's always a wise choice.
    For heals, inquisitor or mystic IS a good choice too . maybe the lfg channel is full of heals but some raids are in demand .
    ( I see myself many chanters lfg atm, but its hunter, woe, kt etc, there is a lot of traffic on the server ).
    I have an illusionist, for example, out of my 5 toons, it's the one that I have the most difficulty grouping (I'm only talking about heroic , i'm not a raider, and a european game Time)

The best way to proceed is to contact a guild, and see with them what they need. since raids are one of your motivations, you might as well start there and thus choose more effectively .

Welcome back
    Skade likes this.