A very interesting thing I've noticed with Rift....

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-NG23985_01, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-NG23985_01 Guest

I dual box my Fury alongside my Warlock, and last night, I went to the Tenebrous Tangle to toy around with Rift a bit. I was at the location on the Temple Grounds island where all the swoop serpents, bees and carnivorous plants spawn. I positioned myself in the middle of a few monsters, and cast Rift. Immediately afterward, all of the monsters it hit ran towards me. I cast Regen with my Fury, then cast Ring of Fire to help finish killing the monsters. Ring of Fire hit each monster for about 200-300 *one* time, and then it peeled aggro off me, and the monsters killed the Ring of Fire pet. The Ring of Fire pet does not generate much aggro at all, which leads me to speculate that Rift doesnt add much aggro at all for the damage it deals. I speculate that you get at least 1 point of hate for casting Rift (since its a hostile action), but if aggro from 200-300 damage can out-aggro the damage from a 3k ish Rift, then the damage from Rift must be incredibly low aggro. I'm hoping to spark a discussion here - am I the only one who has noticed the damage from Rift doesnt induce much aggro? Rift is still a suicide spell though. :|
  2. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

i have also noticed this...

Rift itself doesnt seem to cause much aggro towards the caster, perhaps since the source of the damage is supposed to be from the fall after the grav flux, not the caster themselves.
  3. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

rift and fusion - both sorc lvl65 specials generate reduced aggro compared to the dmg they deal.