A Tinkery Time of Year!! -Contest-

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Morukta, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Nope... also, as in "my plan is also like your plan"! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw... ;->

Cya at Frostfell, then? :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyliena like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mork! You have a Prime Minister -- no, just a PM. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Capryce New Member

Is there a Discord channel for tradeskillers or decorators?
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

There's a homeshow channel on EQ2's unofficial discord server (a tradeskill one too).
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the wonderful participation award, Morukta, Oaky, and -- whichever devs and artists provided it from DBG! :)

Uwk
    looking forward to another awesome one from Frostfell :D
    Cyliena and Breanna like this.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I thought about waiting until Frostfell to see if there was more stuff to add... but I'm happy with how it is now. :) So here's my Tinkerfell submission!

Server Name: Halls of Fate
    House Owner/Decorator: Trimia/Trimia
    House Name/Title: Tinkerbread Morsels & Sweets
    House Address: Everfrost Summer Home, Qeynos
    Contest Theme of House: It's Tinkerfell Time!
    Leaderboard Category: Large Homes Hall of Fame
    Points of Interest: It's a small area, so all the things! :D My favorite part is the tinkery gift delivery going on in the back, though.
    Character to get Prize/Server Name: Trimia/Halls of Fate
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

WOOHOOO!! TYVM, and if you are 100% sure. lol
    I know I'd be hesitant to exclude this years stuff. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Update, Update!!

I have extended the submission deadline for "It's Tinkerfell Time!" until December 29 (+8days). So, make good use of the extra time and goodies this year everyone!!

Nanu-Nanu!!
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was hesitant a bit, but not enough. :D I kinda went by the rule I have to slap down every time I write: you can't edit it forever! ;)
    Morukta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU, Moru! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course you can! ;) The real trick, though, is will you have anything left by the end of it? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Morukta and Cyliena like this.
  13. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Two Weeks!!! Grab your grease cans, get those bots out of the shop and back to work!
    There are snow generators to upgrade, glaciers to conjure and all manner of Elven & Goblin frivolity to get involved with.
    If you know what I mean... ;)

So, get your Tinkerific Frostfell houses ready for submission. The deadline for "It's Tinkerfell Time!" is December 29!!
    -Plz see the OP for rules, entry and PRIZE info!

Nanu-Nanu!:)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Working on it... :-/

Uwk
  15. Brunhild Member

Still tweaking mine. I love how everyone's ideas, while following the guidelines are so different!
    Morukta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Brunhild Member

Question, what would be the best way to alert visitors to posted notes without diverting from your story line? I have four notes that tell a story, but also directs the visitors to where they should go next. What would be the best way to get their attention when they first zone in?
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like to start off with a "Book of the House," like what they suggest for house swaps. Prop it up on an entry table, or a coffee table, a mail ledge by the door, whatever, as long as it's noticeable right away. You can do a bit of in-world storyline, indicating first one room, then the next, like, say, in that poem, "A Visit from St. Nicholas," when he talks about "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." Then you could have a line in the Book of the House, like: [Notice the quiet living room! Shh!] and maybe have a Rat Plushie hiding behind the sofa or something, if you don't have an actual mouse. That kind of thing. :) Then the poet talks about himself and the wife, which would be the cue to: [Go to the bedroom upstairs next! Shh! People are trying to sleep!], etc. Just examples, of course; I don't know what you've actually got planned. :D

Post a Personal Note or a Hewn Stone Sign (recipe from Brewday; a sign without a Rare! :D) outside each doorway, with or without an actual door in the doorway, indicating what's going on and where to go next.

That'd be my suggestion. :)

I've got something based on an old Christmas carol myself, but most of the lyrics refer to one to two rooms and that's all. The rest is fairly ordinary. ;)

Uwk
    Morukta likes this.
  18. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

All that, up there ^, what Uwk said.
    Also, you could place a sign/magic mouth item that pops a message upon entry that says, "Read the book! READ The BOOK!" or something along with said book being right there, obvious, how-could-you-possibly-miss-that. o_O hehehe
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Also, I think one or more of these houses being built has a gear out of alignment. I smell smoke all the way out here on Earth thru my void portal! Whheeeeeee!!!! ;)
  20. Brunhild Member

Y'all are awesome! Love the suggestions :) I think I'll go with the book, but maybe do it as a how to (where the notes are located) and maybe a thanks to those who inspired me. This has to be the largest scale presentation that I have ever attempted. Can't wait to get my tradeskill (Carpenter) maxed out!
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.