A Suggestion To Make Playing Easier

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest that DB change all the daily quests, such as harvesting the goblin gardens, apprentice tasks, faction quests, and the adorning/transmuting/tinkering quests so that they can be done once in a 24-hour period starting at midnight PST.

I am retired, and home most of the time, but I still find it hard to be able to do these quests at the same time every day. I still have to shop, see physicians, visit with friends and relatives, etc. which often interfere with my being able to do the tasks with any regularity due to time conflicts.

This would not dumb down the game or make it unfair to some players. What it would do is allow people to play who work swing shifts or too often find themselves able to regularly do these daily tasks and quests for personal or work reasons.

I think this change would be a big help to crafters and decorators and give us much more flexibility in when we play.
    Svenone, Juraiya, Siren and 7 others like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thats actually a very good idea, I second this request.
  3. HadleysHope Member

I would agree with this too, I would have thought it would be easier for DB as well rather than keeping track of time time on each toon did their daily it would be just a Boolean for that day (or week).
    Breanna, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. SynergyBlaize Member

This is a great idea!
    I hope it is implemented ASAP :)
    Breanna, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why not just make all the timers 18 hours, if you do the task within the 18 hour timer you do it, if you complete it at 17 hours and 58 minutes you can still pick up the next one when the reset happens at 18 hours. A lot of the other things are already on an 18 hour timer.
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It could be an 18 hour timer, with a reset at midnight, like the daily tradeskill apprentices. What I mean is, if you do an apprentice at 1am, you still can't do it until midnight the next day. But if you do it at 6am, you can do it at midnight the next day, also.

So they DO have timers that work that way; I don't see why the tradeskill apprentice timers can't be used for things like the goblin bush as well.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

^^^ This
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what I was saying, you just said it more eloquently than I did.
    Breanna, Dude and Juraiya like this.