A Rough Awakening (RP)

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-Phican, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Phican Guest

The ship trashed about in the rough seas jarring Suntzo awake. Sun looked around trying to get his bearings. None of his memories seemed to come to him. He knew his name but where he came from or what he did was still shrouded in darkness. After a few seconds, he stood up and grasped the rails of the ship for support. Just ahead of him, he saw a man spouting out orders as the ship rocked heavily from side to side.

“Are you the captain of this ship?” Sun demanded matter-of-factly.

“Aye. Good to see you about again. We thought we might have lost ya.”

“Who are you and where is this ship bound?”

“You really don’t remember do ya? Hmm . .. We are headed to Freeport. There will be some people there that want to . . . talk to ya,” the captain said with the trace of a smile under his scraggly beard.

A wave broke over the rails and sent both men sliding to the other side of the deck. Sun scrambled around trying to keep what personal effects he had together. The captain jumped back up and started spouting orders out again trying to keep the ship steady. Perhaps questioning the captain wasn’t such a great idea.

After a few more hours past, the ship was docked at Freeport. Upon setting foot on solid ground again, Sun felt much more relieved. Looking around the crowded streets, he recognized no one. Nothing looked familiar in the least. Who were the people that the captain said would want to talk with him? How would they find him? As these unspoken questions filled the travelers head, three figures stepped toward him from the crowd as if they had heard him.

“Sun!” a hooded figure exclaimed as he saw the perplexed man standing before him.

“We thought you would never get here,” another figure said nonchalantly.

The third figure stood of in the distance in silence as if observing the area for something. Sun looked between the men with what must have been a complete look of confusion on his face. The men noticed that Sun had his hand on the hilt of his sword.

“Sun, don’t you remember us? We’re all brothers,” the hooded figure said making a move toward Sun’s hand.

Sun stepped back quickly just out of the strangers reach keeping his weapon at the ready.

“Your ring. It’s the ring of a Bonesmen. The same as mine. I am Erelas. This is Omnius and the fellow over there Nivk. We’re all the same Sun. That last battle must have really taken its toll on you. We need to get you back to the Tomb. I’m sure Octavian will be expecting us.”

Sun glanced down to the ring on his finger. It was really the first time he had noticed it since he awoke on the ship. Looking to Omnius and Erelas, they too had the same ring.

“Bonesmen?” Sun uttered in sort of a half shocked voice.

Omnius smiled, “Skull and Bones. Only the first guild established in Freeport. One of the largest as well I believe.”

The name rang familiar but his memories were not returning as he wished they would. The four men walked off toward the north in Freeport. For now, he would follow these three back to the Tomb they spoke of in search of his past . . .
    Message Edited by Phican on 11-10-2004 03:15 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-SkullandBones Guest

Woot! Awesome story, SunTzo! Glad to have you with us once again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Phican Guest

Glad to be here! :smileyvery-happy:
    First night out was a blast!
  4. ARCHIVED-trem0r Guest

Great story! Nice to read these while at work bored out of my mind. ;)