A question and a comment on Veteran rewards....

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tatanka_7th, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Tatanka_7th Active Member

First the comment:

I just logged in last night after a 4 month break. Back then, I was one month away from the 7 year reward (the Prestige home). Then two days ago I saw that they changed how vet time is calculated, and since my account was created in 2000 (for EQ1), I knew I'd get the full 10 year rewards. However, when I logged in last night, I didn't see the later rewards (not even the 7 year rewards, which, as I said, I was only a month away from, back in October). I looked at my char window, and it showed over 3700 days, so that's more than 10 years.

Anyway, I was about to enter a support ticket when I logged in today, and I saw that I now have the later rewards. So my guess is, if you haven't logged in in a long time, the first log in shows the full "account" time, but the rewards must be calculated before this adjustment. When you log in the SECOND time, then you'll see the rewards. So hopefully this will save some returning players a headache, and avoid some support tickets :)

Now for the question:

If I get the 10 year merc reward, and pick the SK, can I get him at the Qeynos merc den, or does it still require a "sneak mission" into Freeport or Neriak? And conversely, if a char is "evil", does choosing the pally reward require a sneak into Qeynos, or can the pally be picked up in Freeport?

Thanks,

Tat

PS - and glad to be back!
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Your time for EQ2 vet rewards is only calculated for the time you have had an EQ2 account.

You do have to go to Freeport for the SK & Qeynos for the paladin for the 10 yr vet mercs. The good news is the SK is really easy to get to if you are good aligned. The Paladin is a bit harder but still doable if you are evil, just watch for the wandering guards, and if you are over lvl 46 or so I think they will be grayed out.

Welcome back!
  3. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Yeah, I know the EQ2 time is from the start of an EQ2 account. That does go back to 2004 (started 3 weeks after launch).

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to figure out how to navigate Freeport, since I've never been there!

Tat
    Finora likes this.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The guards in Neriak are now able to one-shot a level 95 tank instead of vice versa. Not sure where the veteran reward SK pops up, but if it's anywhere near where Vittia does it won't exactly be easy to get.
  5. Zykki New Member

The Vet SK merc is in the basement of the inn where the guard and bard regular mercs are found in Freeport.
  6. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Correct, vet reward SK is in Freeport, with the other mercs. I was able to get there, using the sewers, no problem. It was my first time sneaking into FP. If you use the sewers, use the EFP exit, and then just jump over the wall to the east of you. You come down on the road right in front of the building with the mercs.

Thanks to Chameleon on Freeport for the help directing me there :)

Tat
    Finora likes this.