A Note from Kander

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kander, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kander Developer

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to address the community and make it clear that we are listening and hear you. To sum up our December and January, we’ve had our heads down working to launch the expansion and solve game issues. Because of that, our communication hasn’t been what we’d like it to be. While we want to reassure you that we are still working on a number of important fixes, we understand many in the community are frustrated by the level of communication and we are working to make it better. We hope you continue to stand by us as we strive to improve, and we apologize.

Now, onto some questions that have been asked recently and some changes that will be occurring.

Recent inadequacy in patch notes have led us to review the process and implement some new procedures to verify that our patch notes are more robust and clearer to the player. Once these new procedures are in place every player affecting change that does not also highlight a currently abusable exploit should be included in patch notes. The intent is to make sure, surprises like the change to how charmed pets was doing damage or the food buff in relation to solo do not occur.

Regarding the recent change to harvestable displayed level changes. Harvestable displayed level ranges no longer match up to how tradeskill recipes are used or implemented, and were removed due to them no longer being accurate in many cases which caused a number of bugs and players reporting issues, while we understand that the change is frustrating because many of you have gotten used to it hopefully this will solve some further issues down the road.

Overseer will be seeing some changes soon as well, but before that a quick note about Essence of Chaos, they are intended to be in the drop tables, while dreamweaver has explained about the intention to have them service alts and lower level players as well, there is a plan to have them be useful for other things in the future. So, don’t get rid of them just yet. You’re going to want them.

Finally, the initial changes coming to Overseer will happen soon and will hit Test first to allow players a chance to try them out. They are below, please keep in mind these are by no means the full list of planned changes and only reflect the ones that will be on Test in the coming days.

• Make the quests names color the text of the tier of quest using the same colors as the standard tier colors (Common, Rare, etc.)
    • Add in a filter to allow for filtering the list of quests by tier
    • List all quests that that have been unlocked so the desired quests can be selected.
    • Display the refresh time for non-charged quests
    - Kander
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Ty for the explanation.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kander. I appreciate how difficult it can be to not only get a day's work done but also communicate about it. I am very grateful that you all are making the effort to keep us informed. Dreamweaver has been extremely helpful in that regard.

I have had a thought on the harvestables. For me, the level information serves a critical function: It helps me to keep my crafting materials organized. Not all my harvests are stored in depots, and knowing the level of an item tells me at a glance where to store it or where to look for it in my bank or inventory. If the level info were to be worded relative to the area of origin rather than what it's used for, that would still be very helpful. Without that information, I have to rely on my memory, which is not always as reliable as I would like.

I am glad to hear that Overseer is being overhauled. I had decided to save myself some frustration and hold off working on that due to all the issues, but I am looking forward to trying it once more.
    Kurisutaru, Naramsin, Alenna and 17 others like this.
  4. Cataclysm Active Member

Will the fact that craftable & PQ reward weapons and armor being mostly useless be addressed? Increase the resolve and pot on them to bridge solos to heroics maybe?
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Would have appreciated some further discussion regarding the many issues facing tradeskills currently.
  6. amarisa Member

Thanks for the update. I ,for one, appreciate everything done for this game.
    Prox, WhysperWynde, Peredhel and 5 others like this.
  7. Zephanor Active Member

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.
    Prox, WhysperWynde, Peredhel and 5 others like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. However....
    No. Just no. No, no, no. It doesn't matter WHAT your reasons for this, this is completely unacceptable. While it may be true that at the HIGHEST levels sometimes harvests get confused, at the LOWER levels this is absolutely not true at all.

We NEED this information in the harvests. If you aren't aware of this, then you are absolutely not trying to get feedback from crafters. Which I think you aren't. If you continue to insist on this, then it is quite apparent from this that you DON'T care about crafters at all.

Bring this information back. Implement some ADDITIONAL information where it needs it, but do not REMOVE this information from the harvests. It absolutely will not work for us if you do.
    thetatarn, Eloise, Kalika and 54 others like this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

QFT
  10. SolarFaire Active Member

Since I have been trying to go back and do some of the Crafting Epic and Earring of the Solstice, not to mention harvesting, not having some tier information on harvests makes it difficult to keep needed items to do the current quest-lines. It's kind of a hassle having to call back to Guild halls or into an alt that actually has a depot to do the combines for something. Travel time (especially when the zoning takes longer and the risks of dropped to desktop or character select) is not viable play time. I do hope that you folks are able to come to a good compromise on these items. Thanks for 20 years of gaming. I plan on being here till the last hamster dies.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some of the information was wrong.. so the course of action chosen was to remove ALL information, even for the items that had correct information, rather then fix the inaccuracies :(
    Kalika, That guy., Ratala and 39 others like this.
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update but can we get some quick communication about the state of class balance? Is something coming for the crayon wielders please. Just a simple yes or no would make my day.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything craftable is useless. Except spells / ca's and the books are near impossible to get.
    What a time to be a crafter.
    Daxdd, Naramsin, Alenna and 21 others like this.
  14. Stylishhealer New Member

They said last summer, when class balances occur yearly, that they were looking into i. It’s now Feb of the next year and there is still nothing. They had some spell rework but nothing that actually balanced the classes and nothing at all that balanced ascension classes poor geos still trying. I played this game since launch and recently cancelled my subscription due to the lack of effort by the dev team. All of these changes that weren’t probably tested and caused mass stat changes lead me to see that this game isn’t properly vetted anymore. I’ll take my money to a company that shows they care by giving actual results not just hopefully words.
    Lysia and Zynt like this.
  15. Lysia Active Member

Agreed --- depressing totally
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 has not had descriptions on mats or components for the last 20 years. Welcome to the big leagues.
    Kurisutaru and chattie like this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

No descriptions may actually help immersion and roleplay. EQ1 tradeskillers (or TS questers) are also forced to go to fan-run websites (EQTraders, EQResource, Allakhazam, etc) for information which is great for helping fellow players with page hits and other support (subscriptions and donations). :)
    Kurisutaru, Lateana and chattie like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I wanted to point out something else with respect to your harvestable information change. The bug thread about the tier information removal from harvests is the third highest voted thread in the bugs forum, even though the thread is less than a week old. This should say something right there about how much this negatively affects crafters. This needs to be addressed, immediately.

If someone has already deleted the information from your database, too bad. Whoever did that needs to go back and manually reenter the data, if that's what is necessary to fix it. It doesn't matter how long it takes that person, nor how much overtime that person will have to work on it; if someone was going to be that precipitate - without consulting the player base first - then that person needs to fix the problem that they caused.

And I can guarantee that if you do NOT fix it, you are once again showing what little importance you place on your crafting community. I don't think you realize how high of a percentage of your player base are either exclusively or primarily crafters. And the raiding community that you guys cater to needs us, if only to supply them with their arrows and food.
    Kalika, Daxdd, Ratala and 32 others like this.
  19. Leibnitz Member

Another apology. The last one didn't result in what you said it would - you're still mismanaging the TLE. Not a single dev post on the TLE Forums in over a week.

To summarize your 'update', work happening on patch notes and the overseer. No work happening on Harvestables.

Patch Notes failing reflects a much deeper problem in your QA in general. Which points to a management problem.

The Overseer simply doesn't work on the TLE, and I see you're ignoring that again. Fabled chests return Harvestables. Over 100 individual pieces of unlabeled 1-40 harvestables, 50% of which were retired from the game in 2007, all of which I have to then delete.

Your decision on Harvestables is wrong. Please change your mind and do what the players want.

So, how about pulling those devs back you've locked in a backroom to work on EverVapour 3?
    Daxdd, Ratala, Naramsin and 16 others like this.
  20. Giaur New Member

And again no word about class balancing. Is the theme already buried or still on the agenda?

In Germany we have a saying: "Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht, und wenn er auch die Wahrheit spricht" (free Google translation: Whoever lies is not believed, even if he speaks the truth). And don't saying everything is like lying!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.