A New Fan

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Explojo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Explojo New Member

Hey folks, I know forums are kind of a treasure trove of complaints (which I'm not saying aren't justified), so I wanted to throw out a little bit of praise for this game.

I played EQ2 for a little under a month when it was first released. At the time I was just starting college, so I didn't have a ton of time to play games and I just sort of drifted away. Recently, though, I've been looking for an MMO that would suit my playstyle and it looks like I've found it.

When I returned to this game a few weeks ago I was immediately impressed with how nice it looked for a game almost a decade old. I was also pleasantly surprised at the number of race and class choices available right off the bat, and I've been having a blast with my shadownight.

But the thing that's really gotten me is the size and scope of the world. The cities are interesting, and the lore is a lot of fun to dig into. The crafting has also hooked me, and I've found myself spending more time making orange juice and muffins than I have murdering orcs.

Now I'm sure there will be things I will eventually grow to dislike, but I just wanted to say how much I am really enjoying this game, and I wanted to thank all the folks involved who have helped the game grow to what it is today. Also if anybody is on playing on the Freeport server, feel free to say hi to me in game (I'm Explojo there as well) and I'll make you some sweet sweet low level orange juice free of charge.
  2. Airos Active Member

Welcome back. It's always a breath of fresh air to see some positive threads.

Don't get too discouraged with the state of the forums right now. The new expansion just dropped this week, so lots of people are coping with the changes it brought as well as the ongoing changes with each hotfix and tweak, thus lots of complaints.
    Deago likes this.
  3. msgnomer Active Member

I'm not on your server, but I can certainly understand the appeal of a variety of places and activities. It never ceases to amaze me. Funny, the first thoght that came to mind when I read your thread title was, cool, my carpenter will have another recipe to track down! :D
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  4. Tinkerbe Active Member

My bit of advice would be "Don't spend much time on the class forums reading about what is wrong with each class." You could easily be persuaded that every class in the game is broken or underpowered. The game is still a lot of fun and they have upgraded the graphics over the years.
  5. Deago Well-Known Member

So true so true....

6. Explojo New Member

Thanks for the good advice, folks. I'll avoid the class forums for the time being and just focus on killing vampires and building tables.
    msgnomer likes this.