A New Community Manager for EverQuest II

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Just in case you are too... um... busy to read the link to EQ2Players.com, we have a new Community Manager for EverQuest II. Here is the formal version:

Today we welcome Christie Renzetti (Kiara) as the new Community Manager for the EverQuest II community! Kiara has been with EQII since beta, and has been an active member of the fansite community that supports the game. She joins the existing Community Relations team (Amnerys, Gnobrin, and Grimwell) in the support of EQII and the EQII community.
    We are very excited to have her with us, and hope you share our excitement in this opportunity to increase our support for the EQII community! Please join us in welcoming her to the team in the forums, where you can learn a bit about her!
    Here is the informal version:
    This is pretty darn skippy exciting! A new hand on deck to lead the charge, and more support for the EQII community!
    Welcome Kiara! Let the bannings begin!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Darammer Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Now posting is actually work!! :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hello all!

I'm Kiara and I get to have one of the coolest jobs on the planet.

Some of you will recognize me, as I've been posting on the EQ2 forums since just after they officially launched. Four of you will recognize me from time I spent as a fan site writer for Ten Ton Hammer and more recently Allakhazam (thanks to those four people who read my ramblings).

A little background that folks might find interesting (or comforting maybe ;)). I am a late blooming geek. I got into gaming with EverQuest a little after it launched back in 1999. I still managed to graduate from college, so I call that a win. As soon as I found out about EQ2 I was hooked and have been here ever since.

With my long time as a member of this great community, I've seen many people come through here and I'd like to take this particular moment to assure you all that I'm going to be here for a good long time. Especially if I can finally get my purple flaming nightmares...

Needless to say, being the new Community Manager for all you lovely people is a dream come true. I know how lucky I am to have this privilege and opportunity of getting to work and play with all of you full time and that we'll have a great time together.

Oh and * cough * Go Dark Elves!

* waves her Neriak flag *

Please feel free to send me questions and comments or whatever, except for Gnomes. Gnomes are only good for pie filling as everyone knows!
  5. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Grats on the switch of sites Kiara, I'll miss reading your rantings on Zam.

PS) One more and that jackpot will be mine!!
  6. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

{leads in a line of of rats and motions to the band to begin playing}

Just for you, a bunch of conga rats! {giggles as the rats begin a conga line}

Bravo!

{slips Kiara some cookies, then crawls into her packs for a nap}
  7. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Woohoo! Welcome aboard!

Don't let those other Community Relations people convince you that you have to go buy coffee for everyone since you're new...

I prefer hot chocolate. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Welcome, welcome! :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Well done, Kiara! Although, we really knew you just took the position to open up a spot for me over at Zam. ;)

Congrats, hon.. well deserved!
  10. ARCHIVED-Isisalthea Guest

Grats Kiara, you will be a terrific Community manager. I will miss your ramblings as well, but hope to hear a lot from you.

*leads her gnome illusionist away from the scary Dark Elf*
  11. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Grats on the job! Hope that they don't torture you there too much *giggles*
  12. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Welcome to the team :)
  13. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Grimwell wrote:
    Woot, Congratulations Kiara!

;)
  14. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Isisalthea@The Bazaar wrote:
    You assume she isnt gonna be rambling HERE

;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Thank you guys!

So I don't post a hundred times to respond to everyone...

Dar - I should have known you'd beat me to posting :p
    Notthejackpotwinner - NEVAR!!! It's mine!
    Mum - woohoo cookies!
    Spyder - stay away from the cheese
    Amnerys - I'm with you, coffee is eww.
    Anordil - Thank you!!
    Isis - I'll still be doing the personal blog thing just gotta get my "this is not in any way related to work ever" statement finished.
    Ariven - Will not :p
    Shareana - They give me candy... We're all good!
    Gninja - Thanks! Now, about pie filling...

EQ2 has a fantastic community! <3 you all!
  16. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

I assume she will be!!! ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Told you she went on to Very Cool Things(tm) :)
  18. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

*blinks*
    So that's why you were moving to CA!?!
    Grats, Kiara!
  19. ARCHIVED-Momochi Guest

Welcome to the team, Kiara!

Momochi
    Japanese Community
  20. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Wait, go Dark elves?
    *Gets out a big black sharpee and goes over the "Dark elves" on her flags and writes in "Iksar"* There we go!

Welcome aboard!