A mystery to me

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-LightfootII, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LightfootII Guest

I took out materials from my storage to do some writs to push my armorer up another level, feyiron clusters, etched leather etc. I set to it and after a while dinged 38. After this, I returned to the bank to put surplus materials back. Now this is the mystery, a feysteel cluster had appeared in my bag. I know I didn't take it out of storage because I only use rares when I'm making armor for my chars.
    This has never happened to me before, just wondering if anyone knows how this happened? Don't get me wrong, I've got no objections to it happening, I would just like to know how or why.
  2. ARCHIVED-blackpilot82 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-fbitt Guest

If I were clever I'd make some sort of joke ... but luckily I'm not, so a straight answer:

You had a Favor of Innovation crafting event (the counters that pop up, such as the <crafting class> insight ones. On rare (no pun intended) occasions you'll get one of these that rewards a rare. And, they are rare. I've only ever had two (with the same crafter.)
  4. ARCHIVED-callahan44 Guest

Its a very very rare occurrence. 2-3 per year?
    Never noticed a message of the event tho.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jehannum Guest

I don't actually believe that Favor of Innovation exists. It's all just a ploy made up by other crafters to make me jealous. Provisioner's Insight is real and it loves me, but in all the time I've crafted (and I've made thousands of products, possibly tens of thousands if all the interim products counted, back in the day) I've never once seen Favor of Innovation. Flawless seasoning is the rare; FoI is the "Doesn't effin' exist, pal!" :)
  6. ARCHIVED-JackCrichton Guest

Favour of Innovation is rare and yes, it does exist, once had 3 in a 2 week period, depends on how much you craft as well as luck.
  7. ARCHIVED-cooper9280 Guest

Congratulations !!!
    Favor of Innovation is a very rare occurence that some crafters have never experienced but definitely wish they could have. You probably never noticed it when it happened because the icon looks like any other of the icons that you have to counter and it reacts the same by just sending a message saying that you countered it. There may be a ding when it pops you the rare, but I can't confirm that because I craft 100% of the time with my sound off.
    There are 3 levels of rewards while you are crafting.
    #1 is the Insight for your class that grants you a skill bonus for a period of 8 minutes and pops your durability bar back to 100%.
    #2 is the Flawless reaction for your class which completes the item for you and returns your materials to you. And, finally,
    #3 is the ever elusive Favor that many crafters believe to be a myth (because they have never seen/countered it).
    Any of these 3 conditions can randomly appear and unless you are watching your crafting window carefully you can miss seeing them, especially if you don't counter them successfully. For some who craft while in engaged in other past times like watching TV or snoozing or getting something to eat, etc. these conditions will occur but will never be noticed. Unless the correct action is taken, the icon will simply disappear and you will never even know that you missed it. So, you got triply lucky: you got the Favor, you countered it successfully and you got the rare for it. Gratz!!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Jehannum wrote:
    I did too, but I've gotten 4 total on my provisioner and 0 on my Sage.
  9. ARCHIVED-LightfootII Guest

cooper9280 wrote:
    Thank you all for the replies.
    I've had the first 2 on numerous occasions with all my crafters but I don't think I've had the third one before. Each time one has triggered I've never known what caused the effect. it's only because of the rare in my bag that prompted me to ask about it.
    There again I suppose that is just me. I go into things blindly and just attempt to counter anything that is thrown at me. That's even true in RL to a certain extent.