A Letter Home - an RP take on the "evil" in both Qeynos and Freeport

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-Kaitar, Dec 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kaitar Guest

(( an RP post about the observations of the differences in hostility between Freeport and Qeynos))

-- My cousins Setiss and Kaitar, friend Sairel --

I arrived in Qeynos a few days ago, after some grueling tasks involving killing over 500 gnolls...including some famous warriors of the gnoll tribes here... but luckily between Soleth, Kjirass and I we lived through it. It was to prove our good intentions, they said. I sometimes wonder if gnolls were provoked into attack people.... if these were their lands before a city was built here - or if they are truly the brainless dogs that most people seem to think they are. I'm still not sure myself. But I'm rambling.... I know that you, Setiss, have no patience for my constant babbling so I'll just get on with the letter.

Qeynos is....not how I expected it would be. It isn't even how I hoped it would be. I know you both sometimes thought I was foolish and niave` for wanting something better for the Iksar than constant strife and bitterness.... but no matter how many times you yelled at me Setiss, and how many times Kaitar just laughed... I could tell you were both hopeful yourself that I would find such a place. Well, I'm sorry to say.... I don't think it exists. I am starting to understand why the Iksar in the Scale Yard seemed so black hearted towards everyone, and that scares me in some ways.

The people in Qeynos are just as twisted in a sense as those in Freeport. One might admit openly in Freeport of greed and malice... and even be respected for it. Here, it is different. They preach constantly of love and peace.... but as I walk by I hear snickering and whispering. "Iksar that try to return to Freeport have their tails cut off, why don't you go see if it's true?" or "Iksar deal only in evil...." and such things. I suppose we seem evil, don't we? But the more I think of it... I wonder who is truly more evil... the ones that smile to your face and then secretly wish harm and suffering to you, or those that would cut you open face to face to steal your coin. No one came to our aid in the Shattering. We went to help no one. No matter where I go, it is brought up I am Iksar and evil from birth, but if my actions are the same as all others.... and if they ignored us during the Shattering as we ignored them - doesn't it make them evil as well?

I am confused, frankly. I am disheartened. I know you're probably thinking "we told you so" , but I had to see for myself. It doesn't matter which city you are in, cousins. It's all the same even under the shiney pretty statues of the Queen they have here... there's still hate and fear as thick as mud, the only difference is no one will openly admit it. But I've come this far and there's no turning back now. I've finished most of my monk training, and soon I will be ready to take my position among them... perhaps if I work hard enough I can teach these people here that those in Freeport are not all "evil". Soleth spends most of his day hiding in the room we've rented, and Kjirass is very angry at some of the whispers, I'm only a bit weary of it all. Still, it isn't over yet.

Kaitar stay away from the dark elf ladies that keep tricking you out of your coin!! Setiss... don't work so hard, you're too grim. Be well both of you, perhaps one day I'll be strong enough to make the journey back for a visit, so you can both hiss at me and tell me what a fool I am for running to Qeynos where it's just as bad as all other places... of course, then I'll have to listen to you both tell stories of Cabilis and the "good old days." I look forward to it.

- Izavahss

Message Edited by Kaitar on 12-25-2004 10:44 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Arillonahia Guest

((Bravo Sir...))

What

Tialneques Fyr, Knight of Innoruk
  3. ARCHIVED-Arillonahia Guest

(( Damm it if i 'accidently' press something that post's before i've written more than three words or post while drunk again, i'll......well, i wont be happy))

What did you expect Iskar? They will always look apon your features and see centuries worth of hate, destruction and malice. You know this, you lived this no doubt, yet you 'try' to deny what you are? Good luck finding acceptance, and when they cast you out where the do you turn? You will be a feeble wretch left dry and dying, broken on a far away plain, a pitifull example to others. Weakness like yours should have been...'removed' when first it was spotted. Mine and your peoples may not particulary 'like' each other, but I at least hold some respect for them after meeting many on the battlefield, for that at least do the honourable thing and crawl up to that harlot Bayle and beg she end your miserable life........

Tialneques Fyr, Knight of Innoruk
  4. ARCHIVED-psychotikfrog Guest

oooh, thats a nice threat. i want to see more of this thread! looks like youve got competition now Kaitar!!