A Halflings Getaway

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Frada, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Frada Member

Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

When I clicked on your link I just got a message to say "Sorry this content isn't available at this time" etc etc:(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I got the Facebook log on, but since I don't have facebook I couldn't view it.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's part of the problem with doing things on Facebook; they're about as proprietary when it comes to stuff as Apple/Mac is. :-/

Not sure what to do about it, though if you have a third-party website for photo sharing or whatever (Imgur, Photobucket, DeviantArt [my fave], etc.), they should have video functions as well, and more folks ought to be able to see stuff on your page there. It's also a good way (heck, the ONLY way) to post screenshots here in these forums, by publishing something there, then having a link to it here by using the li'l tree-in-a-landscape icon when you're writing a post.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I Swear to never ever use Facebook, and so far so good. LOL It's a me thing!
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Awesome job Frada! Love how you displayed your in-game items through out your home. It's very lovely and well planned out. Your outdoor area is dreamy.

/two_thumbs_up

P.S. You had me worried with your thread title here, wasn't sure I could get my big hammer thru the door! :p
  7. Frada Member

Hehe sorry, for the late replies..thanks for the feedback :)

Sorry about the facebook link not working..I didn't have another way to link it.

It was actually my second time building that house...one morning, whilst drinking my coffee...I accidentally hit the darn pack all button. Needless to say after a cheeseball, crackers and wine...I took another crack at it. lol.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Ohhh, ouch. I did that once. Now I remember to take the time to save the layout. On big time consuming projects I save throughout the build.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow... X-P

Yep; "save early, save often."

As for the vid, if you do any screenshot posting here from in-game, or even any photo or art uploading online, you probably have something like Imgur, Photobucket, DeviantArt, etc. on tap; almost all of them are free, though I think it was...Imgur? that suddenly got a bee up their shorts about linking anything on THEIR site to any other site without paying for a premium account...even if it's your own photos. :-/

Whenever I post anything here, I always go through DeviantArt, and they do have a video posting aspect as well, I do believe; never used it, since I don't have any software for it, but I could probably do it, once I got it. ;->

A lot of the videographers here have YouTube accounts; I don't know how free or otherwise that is, but there are advantages, from what I hear. :)

Rest assured, you're not the only one to have issues with Facebook. ;)

Uwk
    Frada and Breanna like this.
  10. Frada Member

Thanks Uwk!

I will look into them :D

~Frada
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Imjur are just fine at hosting photos/screenshots and I've never had any issues linking them here. You may be thinking of Photobucket who I don't use anymore due to limitations on storage (you have to pay after so many GB).
    Yes, Youtube is free to use:)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Photobucket. Thanks! :)

Uwk