A few questions.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Savaj, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Savaj New Member

Hi folks,

I was thinking about starting on the TLE but wanted some input.

I've struggled in the past with button bloat in EQ2 and it's ALWAYS bothered me. I started to think that maybe my approach to having to hit or click each button available was wrong and I just need to look at each ability as an "option" rather than a requirement. Is this approach adopted by others or does everyone just button mash mostly?

Also, in WOW everyone rushes to max level to do mythics or dungeon content over and over again for gear. What is it like to be max level in EQ2? Are dungeons (5 man content) repeated over and over? Outside of raids I'm not sure what level 120 or 80 has to offer.
  2. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

Yes button bloat can be a problem. One thing that helps some people is you can make Macros. This would allow you to press one button to do a bunch of spells/skills in a sequence. If you search EQ2 Macros in Google you will find all types of guides that show you how to do it.

This might help cut down on the buttons you need to press and clean up your hot bars. I'm sure there are others on this forum that are masters at making them and could help as well. Hope this will help with your button bloat!
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Most classes have a strat/ideal rotation for button pushing, and it takes time and effort to figure it out. With the new AA changes, it's back to the drawing board again to get that ideal. Min/maxing is a science unto itself. It takes ACT, a guild dummy, dragon armory, tradeskill-related activities to create experts at minimum, time, and effort.

End game content on Live is same zones repeatedly because there simply isn't enough content otherwise unless you raid. That being said, this game is so much more than end game, unless you're into this MMO as someone who solely wants groups/raids. On Kaladim, the reduced end game stat bloat is helpful and there's always groups.

The other option is to join a progression raid guild on Live, either Rewind on AB or Unholy Mercenaries on Skyfire. You get the convenience of live without the end game bloat. Rewind has a level 70 and a level 92 raid force going, and UM is currently at level 90 content. Both also do endgame grouping. I think there's another prog guild on AB, but I haven't seen an advert in a while.

If you want more info on either Unholy Mercs or how to perfect your button mashing, PM me.