A few class questions...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Laereneth, Jun 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

First, str vs agi, which is more important for a monk? I know that the monk's power is derived from str while def is derived from agi.

Second, does the avoidance patch supposed to hurt the brawler fighters as well? Will the monk's avoidance be going down the drain?

Third, how is the dps of the monk? How does it stack compared to various other melee classes? Fighter types, scout types?

Fourth, will the melee patch hurt the dps of the monk?

Thank you for your time!

Laer
  2. ARCHIVED-OgApostraphe Guest

Balance.. ;o... Uh... dps is best of fighters and currently beats most scouts. Noone knows how we will stack up after patch with scouts, but we will remain highest dps fighter next to bruisers that is. Our avoidance better not drop.. but plate tanks should by alot.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I normally get out dps'd by a guild SK, guardian and bruiser, although I normally do around 200 to 250ish, depending.
    STR vs AGI is player preference.
    All fighter melee damage will be adjusted with the combat changes, not just ours.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yojimbo99 Guest

Best bet is balance stat wise imo. currently i run a relatively low agil only 139 self buffed and I do well I think ; I'm able to take dwn lvl 46^^ melee mobs(blue con) with lil to no probs. but with all the potions foods and dolls i would say stay pretty balanced with stats outside of those buffs and you shouldn't be disapointed and it would give you leeway when you need to up a stat or two on the fly.

Rolangard Frostfist; Slayer of Fairies
    toxx's favorite lvl 50 barbarian monk