A Dwarf Mother Waits For Her Sons (very image heavy)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quabbin, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Quabbin New Member

Unabashedly inspired by the Dwarves Fili and Kili (and their mother, Dis) from "The Hobbit" -- this is how I see their house in the Blue Mountains.

Step inside.
    [IMG]

Walk in a bit and you'll spot a set of replica thrones at the end of the passage.
    [IMG]

Then take a left and head up the ramp to the library/sitting room.
    [IMG]

Take a right and you'll find yourself in the lady of the house's room. Her favorite color is yellow (like the color of her husband's hair, as seen in his portrait on the wall), which shows throughout the house.
    [IMG]

Just to the left there is a wall, separating the main bedroom from her vanity/dressing area.
    [IMG]

Leave her room and turn left and you will come to the main bathroom.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Back out the bathroom door and to the left you will find the guest bedroom, where her brother stays when he visits her.
    [IMG]

Leave and go right and you will come to the younger son's room.
    [IMG]

And to the right of that, the elder son's room. You can just see the gilded rose that she laid on each of their beds in the hopes that they would return soon.
    [IMG]

Back down the ramp and across the passage, you will go up again and end up in the dining room.
    [IMG]

Which is next to a spacious kitchen.
    [IMG]

And on into the servants' work area.
    [IMG]

They have indoor plumbing, but there is still a house well.
    [IMG]

The servants' bathroom.
    [IMG]

A small garden.
    [IMG]

There are two servants, both of whom are fiercely loyal, having been with the family for years.
    [IMG]

Go back out through the kitchen and dining room, then turn left to get to a bar area.
    [IMG]

And training room.
    [IMG]

I know I posted a lot of pictures, but I still didn't manage to show all the little details, do please stop by and take a peek. You can find it on Antonia Bayle in the Personal Planetarium under the name Quabbin (and on the Housing Leaderboards under "A Dwarf Mother Waits For Her Sons"). Thanks for looking!
  2. Glenorian Well-Known Member

You made great use of the space in your personal planetarium! I love the story with the pictures. I will be sure to take a tour of this house soon, there are so many things to look at. Tthank you for posting this :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Gracey Well-Known Member

Your lighting choices made a huge difference in the atmosphere - wonderful job!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.