a dragon in Antonica ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I saw it far off... I thought it was a large boulder, until it moved.

Goes by the name of Anguis.

Have you dealt with this dragon in the past ?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Mucko Member

He's been in the game since the beginning...
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

He also has a counterpart in Commonlands sort of near Fallen Gate named Ladon.
    Saw-Lau, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Way back at the beginning he used to be pretty tough, I remember a bunch of us out there trying to kill him, a lot died LOL We had to get a higher level person to step in and help we couldn't do it.
    Saw-Lau, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

He shows as a 22nd level monster, but there are also several lizards I think basalisks nearby and he walks past them. So I would have to take on them and him... I have been in a tough situation with a 20th level character taking on one 22nd level monster in Butcherblock outpost.

I'll think about it, just trying to relax today.
    Faeonara, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He is an epic though and has 2 friends with him. So you would be taking on 3 along with any of the basilisks.
    Kittybock, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Then I'll just go on over to Butcherblock. The yalps don't like me already.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Nelenerap Member

Oh the memories....

The days of corpse runs and spirit shards.....
    Faeonara, Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hated those. I started playing EQ in 2004. I tried in 2000, but my then computer, with its 'big' 32 meg video card, just couldn't do anything.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Not quite since the beginning. I think Anguis and Ladon were in an update halfway between launch and DoF. Mayyyybe the same update as Condemned Catacombs? It was in a period where they were trying to add more 20-30 content.

Nevermind, I'm not remembering correctly.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

Drakota, not dragon. Related, but not the same.
    Kittybock, Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  12. Crock Member

Used to end up being an easy ^^ heroic boss for many years, then transformed to an epic Boss after those Classic paid server item / enemy adjustments. What affected the Classic servers though, also affected the Live servers, so "rarely" you can encounter that name, and if you're a low-level toon on a Live server, you're a dead toon after the meeting. Unless you're 10+ levels higher and used the Chronomasters to level down.
    Rewards have not improved though.
    Soara2 likes this.