A different issue

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-wardman, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-wardman Guest

All these posts about aggro control, crusaders have an edge blah blah blah. Lets discuss a real problem I see. New non-raid gear sucks. I am not the best geared guard in the game. 5 pieces of T3, 1 piece of T4, 1 2 piece T3 jewlery set and 1 3 piece T2 jewlery set. Decent gear but better out there. I have no complaints with the guardian itself. That being said, Where are the upgrades to my tanking gear? I have been burning instances since lvl 83, I have run most of the scalable zones a few times and have not encountered hardly any Fabled items. Every master chest usually has a master in it or a piece of gear that is not armor. The only armor i am finding is Legendary items that are either made to improve dps only or extremly hurt the dps for defensive stats my T3 already has. What am i missing about the new gear they have released? All gear with parry also has deflection. No parry gear with defense anymore? Am i not supposed to have defensive stats as a MT?
    My question is, should we be gearing up for the new raids with these new instances or should we be starting the new raids wearing T3/T4 gear from the last expansion? Even the new Mark armor is a let down to me.
  2. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

wardman wrote:
    Yeah ive noticed the same thing. My Guard is no longer my main so he has what he had when I quit playing him last year.....2 T4, set of T3, assorted Fabled/Legendary from instances and places like SoH.
    My Assassin became my raiding main and had all but T4 BP when SF launched.
    So far most upgrades ive seen for either toon have been from the new Vigilant x2. Not a single quest reward thats remotely an upgrade, havent seen any legendary or even fabled from instances that really qualified as upgrades. And even worse, the new x4 mobs we have been able to take down have mostly dropped worse gear than what we have been getting in the x2. There has been stuff not even worth passing to alts so at least we've gotten alot of muting done :)
    The gear progression for this expansion so far has made no sense......hell gear as a whole makes no sense atm.
    For as much as I loathed TSO....at least it had a somewhat clear path of gear progression and upgrades made sense.
    I really think that when they decided to scrap their whole idea for gear degregation they had nothing in place to replace it and the expansion launched.
  3. ARCHIVED-dr4gonUK Guest

Token merchant in moonlight hamlet?
  4. ARCHIVED-wardman Guest

The Mark of Manaar rewards seem to be better than T2 but nothing more. For 75 Marks I think I will wait until they add some new Mark gear.
  5. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

As a raiding guard I have picked up about 8 items out of SF x4 raids so far. I have yet to attune even one of them. As a whole the set might be worth wearing but if you are wearing your TSO x4 set you have +18 mit increase and Rockiron Nerves as your defensive stats. The new stuff you can get a bit more mit increase but no rockiron nerves, you also get a few procs, but nothing worth getting excited over. If you have the good jewelry from last expansion (immune proc wrist, anashti rings, zarrakon wrist, etc), you cannot even find items better than it in this expansion. I assume heroic tanking items are just as messed up. DPS has a much easier time with the loot as most of the armor is clearly an upgrade to what they had before with crit bonus and potency on everything now.
    Our raid crew has already been trying to sell things on the server. We got some bow from the sages, tried to sell it on the server, no one wanted it so we had to mute it. It was our second kill of the mob and we are selling loot already. Gear as a whole is completely messed up this expansion.
  6. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

Undorett wrote:
    I dont know what items you have, but i have found a few decent raid and group items. First you acn change out all yoru gear except bp, and keep the 10% damn reduction. And since all armor has red slots, there really isnt any reason to keep the set bonus on t4 armor, not as if there was one before. What i would like them to add is a red adorn for chest only with the -10% damnage, coz that still is huge. And being able to pick up a full set of dps armor is nice, we arnt stuck with only one set of gear, we can have a clear dps set, and a clear tanking set of gear now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

The armor will be easy enough to mix and match, but the defensive set is not really much of an upgrade from TSO. The defensive jewelry is the bigger problem.
    The items I have picked up so far have been 4pcs of tank jewelry (all of which are horrible, just hoping they will get boosted), 2 4s delay weapons with horrible stats, and the defensive hat and defensive gloves second level of raid armor (not really sure what it is being called, but its from Maalus and the 3 Sages in palace). I would have switched in the gloves, but I lose 40% haste because I am missing the belt off Ykesha (brawler and crusader each beat me out in dkp on it because I spent too much on the Ykesha shield and the Murigal charm). Once I find a decent haste item i will likely change the gloves out.
    As for the horrible tank jewelry, just look at it. Nice health, power, and stat additions, but what is with the +11 Defense mod or +11 Parry mod and then hardly anything else on the item? Where are defensive procs such as the ring from Anashti or wrist from Tyrannus? Where are defensive jewelry items like the belt off Zarrakon (+10 SE)?
  8. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Not yet seen any of the gear but there is a gear change coming in the hotfix on Tuesday along with yellow adorns for Legendary gear. It may be worth keeping hold of some the drops you've gotten to see how they buff it and if it is a viable alternative to the tso gear. Have to agree though nothing of interest really dropping in instances but yet to get into the raid zones.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

zerk here. problem with gear, as far as i can tell, is that it's op in general. look how many ppl are saying the content is too easy. problem being, they make the mobs killable by new players is MC gear, because well, they kinda have to. unless they wanna close the door on new subs and tell ppl they can't make new toons. my lvl 80 gear was more than good enough for all the heroic content to 90, and pretty much all the legendary stuff i won got vendored. if eq2 was my creation, i would have drafted the lvl 1 gear, and then drafted the lvl 100 gear, and had a more linear itemization while it was still in development. yes this game was designed to go to lvl 100 if you didn't know. but yeah some ppl tear thru the game and get bored so they add more gear to farm etc etc.

p.s. i'm not talking about raid mobs being killable in mc btw
  10. ARCHIVED-Destraum Guest

BG Gear is all I have to say. Seems SOE decided to put all the good gear into BG to really push this into the world. I see several people gearing up un this gear because it's better than TSO T4 in alot of respects, has very nice bonuses. Only drawback is the no red slot on these items. But they can be mix/matched when new armor drops to accomodate this. The jewelry that is also buyable is really nice as far as stats/effects go as well. I know of a few people that are almost completely geared in BG equipment and easily 2.5 - 3k hp's more than me in my TSO T4. Which, in all honesty, sucks because I am not really into BG. But it seems that I am going to be forced into it if I still want my competitive edge this expac.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Are you complaining level 90 gear is better than your level 80 gear from last expansion? I don't know what level the BG gear is, but I assume it's level 90.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ardors Guest

BF Gear has no Crit Mit on it, so you can't raid with it...it's good otherwise I guess... Keep in mind, lvl 90 gear has an edge over lvl 80 gear if they had same stats...not as much as what they had originally planned with item degradation, but still makes a diff.
    for the OP, if you look at the manaar merchant in Stonebrunt Moonfield Hamlet, the gear is better than TSO T3, which would be the best you can get if you don't raid.
  13. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

To the OP:
    I got more loot maxing all 3 factions in the hole and gearing off the faction merchants than doing instances. On the 12 characters I've leveled now, 9 of them got +30 potency doing this. And they were in t3-t4 sets from TSO previously.
    Regarding raid gear: You can break your tso set and use the new stuff with red adornments. Granted raiding in my TSO full set is still doable, I take a significant dps/threat hit for not taking the new stuff.
    Certainly key jewelery pieces from TSO are far better and not being replaced, but I have more slots with new gear in it than I have slots with TSO still on them.
    Even the 10% from the chest piece I only swap it in for a few fights vs using a bp with 12+ potency.