A Curious Tome

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Oreeoh, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Oreeoh New Member

I cleared Befallen. Fallen Scholar Edgars was green to me. He didn't drop anything. So no "A Curious Tome".
    Does he always drop it, if so. Why not this time. I checked my house inventory, bank, personnel bags. No Tome.
    Is there npc I can purchase it from? In case I have looted it in the past.

Thanks all.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Unless its a quest specific mob, most drops are iffy. You might have to camp him and repeatedly kill him until he gives you what you want just so you will leave him alone... and then you should kill him a few more times for making you wait!
    Dude, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you try the search button in you character window?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Oreeoh New Member

He is the starter mob for a quest. In that he drops "A Curious Tome". The zone timer say 3 days tell reset. Can I reset it manually?

Sorry, if I am dense.

Thanks for your replies, they are greatly appreciated.

Oreeoh

The man not the cookie. ;)
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Go to the Dungeon Finder tab from the EQ2 menu in the lower left corner, click the tab on the bottom of that screen that says persistent instances, on that page is a list of the dungeons that have timers that you have running. There is a button on that tab that says reset all. This will reset all that can be and you will still be able to see the ones on the list that cannot be reset yet.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Oreeoh New Member

I'm a returning player. I felt there was a way to do that. All the cobwebs in my brain casts a cloud over everything.
    Thanks again everyone for your help.

Ever need a **** in your group let me know. :rolleyes:

Thanks all.
    Oreeoh
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

what server are you on?
  8. Oreeoh New Member

Halls of Fate
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ahh, if you were on AB, you could be a **** with Meneltel and I.
  10. Oreeoh New Member

I would like that. Maybe in the future. As none of us know what that may bring.
    Again, Thank You, kindly for all your assistance.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Oreeoh New Member

News Flash!! I'm now the proud owner of "A Curious Tome". My wife logged in one of her characters. We group, we entered and we conquered.

Thanks Again, for all your help. Hope to return the favor one fine day.

Oreeoh

The man not the cookie! ;)
    Saw-Lau, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

No problem, and I do hope its soon, I need a new **** for my old one is a bit snarky now... :D
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.