A confused player from the UK

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Flamecrest, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Flamecrest New Member

Hi all,

I've just logged into my SOE account and noticed that I was directed to the ProsiebenSat.1 website for EQ2. I remember visiting the website last year and I think I linked or created a new account - I can't remember.

The problems am having are as follows:

I can't seem to use the forum name I chosen over there. It just says guest followed by some numbers. Being a UK player am I forced to use the website there or can I carry on using this one? This website seems to function much better. I've never really played much of EQ2 in the past, but how would it affect me if I stayed with this website? I've noticed the expansions are in dollars. Does this matter? Also, over on the ProsiebenSat.1 website I seem to have lost my station cash balance. It says zero, but I have my balance here.

Would someone please be able to offer me some advice please as I'm thinking of taking up EQ2.

Thank you
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

PSS7 and SoE are two separate entities as far as both their forums, and their marketplaces are concerned. If you have an old account with SoE (as you appear to have) you can play using their launcher, if not you would be forced to play by going through PSS7. As for using this website as far as I know you are welcome here, and it would not have any effect whatsoever on you.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Flamecrest
    You don't need to have access to any game, to create a forum account here.
    If you have never played EQ2 then you will have no choice but to get the game via PSS7. If you were playing and had an active account around 18 months ago (sorry I forget the exact date) then EU players at that time were retained by SoE and weren't required to migrate to PSS7. Too much history to go into here, but there still plenty of threads around if you want to read the gore.

If you were playing earlier than 18 months ago and you can remember your old account name/password etc., there's a good chance you were retained by SOE. Best advice I can give you is to download the game from https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28923/kw/everquest 2 download links
    page down to Everquest II and select the link for the download. Once installed, run Launchpad and try to login using your old station name. If the game runs you should good to go, but if the LP keeps forcing you back to PSS7 then your stuck with them I'm afraid. In any event if you get into the game (either with SOE or PSS7) you will be able to play on either EU based or US based servers, there are no region restrictions.
  4. Flamecrest New Member

Thanks flameweaver.

I remembered my old account information from years ago and have now used that. So, using the SOE account am I okay to purchase All Access/content etc even though I'm UK based?
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Should be able to get all access via SOE, I do (I'm UK based as well).
    On the banner at the top, click on the HOME button, login on the page that opens, then mouse over "My Account" and from the drop down select Membership Info and from there you can upgrade your account.