A better way ?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Zeldyn, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-n0kn0k Guest

It's doable with 1 raid.
    Dunno if it's doable without yelling the adds though.
    Maybe we just lack the dps for it.

Ishbu did you guys do it without yelling the adds?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

oh its very doable with 1 raid, it can be done with like 16 people I think we had...
  3. ARCHIVED-Anoixia Guest

Not saying it can't be done with one raid... saying it should only be able to be done with 1 raid.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

This person is full of something
  5. ARCHIVED-OneBadAlien Guest

Can i have a bag of whatever your smoking? Must be some really good stuff...
  6. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

Remember what happened when you tried to yell the Krathuk adds...Very bad thing.
    The devs need to do something equilvalent to all these encounters, talendor, gore, Harla, etc etc.
    Either that or instance the zone so you can only bring in 24.
  7. ARCHIVED-KageMirai Guest

I don't think it's right for you to call people pathetic that you don't even know for trying something a certain way to see what was needed and how to do it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vellek Guest

Couldnt agree with you more. I feel the same way and made a similar post in the Talendor thread. While it would be nice to see raids of 24 attempt this content, since that is the way it was obviously intended, if the devs keep designing encounters like this (Harla Dar, Outcast, Hurricanus, Talendor), we will see a growing number of raids with 40+ players.
    I wouldnt bash the guilds for trying this, it really isnt their fault. If their best shot at defeating the encounter is to take 40 people, and they have 40 people willing to do it, why wouldnt they? The fault lies with the devs on this one for designing these encounters.
  9. ARCHIVED-espmrred Guest

Going to go play devils advociate here, and ask this:
    How was farming relics in labs "obviously intended" yet this isn't?
  10. ARCHIVED-joe2sgirl Guest

Esp, who exactly said it was intended? obviously it wasnt since it was changed ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-hoopde Guest

cuz it says 4X and that equals 24 people. Now if you wanna say well they are seperate encounters and argue that, well it would be a problem if a guild were to bring a full raid for every 4X in that room that would be about..... what are there 30 4X encounters excluding har ladar? So thats like 672 people. So if you wanna be a zerg guild do it right and bring that many peps :).

hoopdee
  12. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I dont think its right for people to use more than 24 people on a x4 encounter. If you do, your pathetic. Grats on being pathetic.
  13. ARCHIVED-Balbaroth Guest

Jonaroth wrote:
    oh its very doable with 1 raid, it can be done with like 16 people I think we had...

people are like how its possible we see it all the time hapening on my server i posted a video a week ago about it and it got deleted by the moderators here and all comments about it as well, people are using numlock run tactic to pull her... all mobs that suposed to come to her rescue dont go as far as her and break and run back to their spawn point... u get the picture ?
    my guild trying to do it using the actual teleporter to her lair and killing adds we were close but havent got it yet... also the idol leading to Harla Dar is not up often when she is... now peeps can pull her without goign thru idol tell how we can compete with the numlock pull ? take 10x more times to clear the mobs around her and do it like it was intended
    oh and dont worry the guilds that are doing it will keep on doing they cant or wont do a thing about it :)
    Grats to thoses who did it like it was intended :)

Message Edited by Balbaroth on 03-29-200608:40 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

Well that was an entertaining read. I would say if this was meant to be done with 24 peple, it would have been instanced. So if some guilds decide to get together so that everyone can get the deathtoll access quest update, why shouldn't they? It is contested, and it seems that the guilds that are unwilling to help others, incapable of defeating this on their own, and also unpleasant enough that they can't get anyone to help them, are scared that other guilds just might get the chance to experience content that they would gleefully prevent them from experiencing if they were capable of doing so. I almost feel sorry for you.

~Morb
  15. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

So by that logic every contested should be explotied in some manner to be done by more than 24 people right? because it's intended otherwise it would be instanced right?
    Wake up man, it's not instanced because it is CONTESTED, not because it should be done with more than 1 raid.
  16. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

If they intended Harla Dar and all the adds to be fought with one raid only, they would have made it instanced, or had all the adds spawn when the mob was engaged.

~Morb
  17. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

And if the adds all spawned when she was engaged how do you propose anyone would fight her? Hello Mcfly.
    And again, it's not instanced because it is contested, not because they intend it to be fought with more than 1 raid.
    It is doable with 1 raid and should be done with 1 raid.
  18. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

Or they could have all adds and Harla Dar auto engage when you fight one, not necessarily attack you just lock onto you without moving, and yelling would break all encounters and make the adds already killed respawn. There's easy ways to force this to be done with 1 raid. SOE simply didn't decide to do so.

~Morb
  19. ARCHIVED-Caturyc Guest

"So if some guilds decide to get together so that everyone can get the deathtoll access quest update"
    Um yous had 40 people there ONLY 24 would get update but good try on making it seem like a noble plan. It IS made for 24 people to kill .
  20. ARCHIVED-Schaestmos Guest

To Caturyc, this is going on the assumption that only 1 person needs access to deathtoll to zone in a raid. So yes, the main raid actually fighting Harla Dar would have representatives from all guilds involved.
    ~Morb