A 9 Year Vet Reward Player's Suggestions for COE Improvements

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gregore, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Gregore Active Member

1. As rare as the solo zone fabled armor drops are, it's MADDENING to get an item for a class you don't have, or an item that you have already gotten (4 chain healer BP's and only 1 defiler comes to mind)! Why can't you give us players the options to choose the class and armor slot of our hard earned fabled reward? I really don't think that this would upset the balance of the game. What it would do is reward players who put in the time to run these solo zones hundreds of times, instead of punishing them with random loot failures.

2. Why must you nerf the Wurmbone End hardmode fight? Forcing us players to kill two more PITA mobs to spawn the boss and taking away the ability for us to use the Celestial Fragment of Subversion on him is WAY BEYOND LAME! I'm the only one in my guild who can even solo this guy (a true solo w/o a merc), so he's pretty difficult to kill. I feel that he's fine as is without this drastic nerf. Is it really too much to ask to have a zone where we can run straight to the boss, if skilled enough to do so? Since you're hell bent on alienating your long time paying customers with this nerf, how about nerfing his loot table as well to drop exquisites more often, and take the "junk loot" out of his loot table?! I predict that this zone will be a ghost town with only the sounds of crickets chirping after this rediculous nerf.

3. Fix the loot on the Venekor HM fight. At least make the fabled armor that drops have both red & yellow adornment slots. It would be nice to see him drop two pieces regularly as well.

4. While it was nice to see the change on obol & spirit looting a short while back to everybody in the group, it would be nice to see them drop just a little bit more often. Just a tiny increase in drop rate would be nice.

5. I'm in a small guild that hasn't progressed to COE raids yet, other than raid trash for armor drops. I don't feel qualified to make suggestions for raid improvements.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What it would do is gear everyone in a week with full raid gear basically.

Because it didn't take any skill at all to buy 1 root immune signet and 1 tinkered FD item, and sprint/run straight to last named, FD, and CoV a friend. 6 Chances at fabled loot (Per toon you do it on) for 2 mins work. It will now take 10-15 mins, not like its a huge nerf.

Agree, and remove red slots from Solo zone loot, but plenty of other threads on that.

Never noticed an issue with Spirit drop rate personally, seemed to be roughly about 1 every 3 instances. If it was 1 an instance, People would run Dreadcutter every 90 mins and be geared in 1-3 days again.

People seem to want instant win now adays, 1 days work, done.
  3. Gregore Active Member

No, poeple don't want insta win. Poeple want to have a reasonable chance of getting worthwhile loot they can actually use on a toon on their account with a reasonable amount of effort put in. The last piece of fabled armor, I got this past week, that I could actually use, took me roughly 100 solo zone runs to get. That's absolutely rediculous, in a very bad way. Poeple will tend to look for other entertainment venues when they perceive that they're not being rewarded enough. We already have enough problems attracting a regular player base in this game without chasing away players with a suckfest of a loot system. Players like myself will still put in the time, probably, but a lot may just find some other way to spend their free time and hard earned dollars.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

100 solo zones, over the course of a week. so if you use the week to be 5 days, that's 20 instances a day. there is...7 solo instances. WBE, WBC, Chel, faceless, throne, DC, and ST. and ST rewards 2 chests. so if you do all 7..that's about 3 runs through a day. they reset every 90 minutes. so 90x3. 270 minutes minimum. so 4.5 hours a day? 22.5 hours a week. you can spend more time then that easily just thinking about some of the raid drops...which coincidentally, ARE the fabled drops in the solo instances. it's raid trash gear.

I don't mind how rare it is. or that I may not get a piece I need. I'll either mute it for adornment supplies, or remove the red/yellow adorn on it if it has one I could use.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If i would only go on a pug, in order to loot something worth doing it.... guess what? i would not do any pugs, with any chance oO
    I do run pugs on a fun base.... it´s fun not playing alone with you´re....... toon ^ ^