92 BG gear

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Roachonine, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

How do i get the fabled level 92 pvp gear? it says i need the level 91 gear in order to buy it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

If you look to the right side it lists the currency requirements. You have to first buy the lvl 90 version with havoc marks. Then you turn that in (unequip it and have it in your bags) along with the next havoc mark requirement to get the 91 version. Then rinse/repeat for the 92 version.
    Just don't be dumb and accidentally buy the lvl 70 version like I did.
  3. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

Twyxx wrote:
    thanks man, i got chocolate milk running out my nose now....
  4. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Proud_Silence wrote:
    It being grey shoulda been a clue. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

so i need to spend atleast 10k in Havoc marks, before i can spend over 10k in marks for the gear i am supposed to be wearing? Why does this sound stupid to me?
  6. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Piccolo@Everfrost wrote:
    you can think of it as 20k for the gear if it helps.
  7. ARCHIVED-japanfour Guest

Piccolo@Everfrost wrote:
    so i need to kill this rat so i can kill this crab so i can kill this bird person so i can kill this centaur so i can kill this.........
    its a time sink!
  8. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

I understand time sink, but to waste marks on lower level gear is just stupid.
  9. ARCHIVED-cutiechicchi Guest

I agree..and besides, for the previous BG update, we all had to work for new types of tokens to get all the gear they put in BGs. now they turned those tokens into Legacy marks that aren't even useful in buying armor.
    Now they want us to spend an average of 6500 marks per piece of BG gear. Why would I want to buy a lvl 90 legendary piece of armor when I am already lvl 92.
    Seriously, did anyone even think this really through? Do you expect to keep us all busy trying to grind marks in between raids so we don't notice there is no new content?
    This needs to be reviewed. At least let us use our full set of old BG gear to trade for marks or even get that stupid, useless legandary lvl 90 gear we will just use as currency!
  10. ARCHIVED-Darkholis Guest

cutiechicchi wrote:
  11. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

I don't want to exchange any old tokens for new tokens. I would rather pay 20k per piece then buy
    level 90 gear, then buy level 91 gear just to buy the level 92 gear.
  12. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

I disagree. Keep the large amount of tokens that are required for each armor piece.

This is what I hate most about the EQ2 community. Before the PvP update, people were MOANING and COMPLAINING that there was no PvP gear, or they made snide comments such as "It only took me 2 weeks to gear up SOE, thanks for the update."

SOE is finally hitting back. If you want to spend time, spend your time getting tokens to buy gear.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gealaen_Gaiamancer Guest

Piccolo@Everfrost wrote:
    Okay. Save up the total number of Havoc Marks that you'd need to buy the 92 item. But don't spend them until you have them all. Then buy the 90, then the 91, and then the 92. You get your wish--you just spent X,000 Havoc Marks and got the 92 gear!!1!!1!!
    I can understand that having to buy the lower gear seems like a burden to folks who are past that gear (because they have PVE raid gear already)--but it's really not that big of a challenge. Especially if you only need to fill in a few slots. The math is the same for everyone and--be honest--is it really that hard to click "buy" three times instead of one time?
    There are a lot of folks (and I'm one of them) who are not raiders, and who are getting use out of at least one of the level 91 BG armor items "on the way up". [Side note: it'll be nice when the feeds go out from EQ2 so the new items show up on EQ2U!]
  14. ARCHIVED-Gealaen_Gaiamancer Guest

Darkholis wrote:
  15. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

Intercede@Nagafen wrote:
    ok, if you are really good, you get 60-80 marks for winning and getting a number of achievements and kills. 333 matches would get you 1 92 piece. Some are more expensive, others less, but we'll just go with this number as an average. So for 9? pieces of gear you need to do 3000 matches. So yes, that is absurdly high.
  16. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

apwyork wrote:
    Casually playing I'm getting in ~20 matches a day. I lean on agreeing that its a little off. I would think if I was dedicated and did 50 matches a day, it should take me ~90 days to get all slots. Atleast, that is where I would set the bar.
    SoE seems to have set it considerably higher.
  17. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

cutiechicchi wrote:
    This does not need to be reviewed. It is working as intended. It is marrying pvp/e as it should be. This is the direction Norrath needs to be moving. We are a cult subset of the MMO community. We do not maintain the numbers of WoW or other games. If SOE continues to build it we can be the best pvp/e game in the market.
    This PVP/e-BG update came LATE into the xpac cycle. Had this come at the begining we would not be having this discussion and people would happil choose to quest/bg to upgrade gear for what ever they choose to do at end game. This concept as implemented will NEED to be implemented with the NEW xpac too ensure multiple paths to gear progression. It seems like a large grind now because it came so late - well after anticipated and projected originally.
    Should it come at the begining of the xpac cycle as it should have and hopefully will it will not seem like such a ladder to climb.
  18. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    20 matches a day is not particularly casual. 5min per match, plus loading times and the eventual bug where you end up on neither side and get truancy buff for leaving, nets to about 2hrs a day. Just non-stop queuing for BG's. and following your numbers, it would take over half a year of DAILY 2hrs BG matches for gearing just one toon.
    Far from reasonable, and unless you have a pretty serious addiction, Joe schmoe will be bored to high heaven long before being fully geared. There's only so many times you can run the exact same 3 maps.
    It's as if you'd be raiding the same 3 nameds in the same 3 tiny zones for 6months.
  19. ARCHIVED-convict Guest

Don't worry, once some people grind out the tokens, buy the gear, SoE WILL lower the requirement to get the gear, happens every single time.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Proud_Silence wrote:
    Yeah, thats basically what I'm playing 1.5-2hs sessions casually. There are others that do 5-6 hours daily. I would expect the bar to be set such that those folks doing 6 hours / day could be fully geared in around 90 days.
    Setting the bar any lower makes too low of a treadmill in my opinion. My expectation is that anyone that approaches it casually would only be getting the middle set of gear, and the top set is reserved for the hardcore BG/PVP types.
    All in all, thats where it should be. But I think what we currently have you're not going to get all slots armor/jewelery/weapons even in 90 days doing 6 hours / day.
    If the top set of gear should never be feasable for players that casually play BGs.